Copying is the Greatest Form of Flattery

Tolley

Hello Everyone,

The current issue of Caravan & Motorhome on Tour, Issue 163, has a review of the Spinifex Caravans NomadiX model. Sheesh! Talk about a copy of a Kedron! Coincidence? Maybe. They call it "Knocking Off" in industry generally. The Gall family must be flattered although a bit peeved at what seems to be such blatant copying. They might be great caravans, time will tell, but in general copied items are never as good as the original.

Have a read of the article and you will see what I mean.

Regards

Colin

Hi Colin

I went through the Spinifex van at the Gold Coast show earlier in the year and asked the salesman which one of you had previously worked for Kedron.

The airbag suspension was the only difference I could see from my topender.

His answer was that the owner had worked for a lot of people but he did not admit to any previous involvement with Kedron.

Col, I met you and Gaileen at Cape Crawford on your way home from your big trip. You obviously got home safe

Nev

Hello again Neville,

Yes, we arrived home safely via the Savannah Way through Hells Gate. I recall that you were travelling in company with a non-offroad van and had avoided that part of the Savannah as a result. You would have been OK as all the water crossings were simple and your friend would have had no trouble. Towards Bourketown there was a lot of bulldust but that was the worst of it. iT was a wonderful trip.

Are you still travelling?

Regards

Colin and Gayleen

Hello again Neville,

Yes, we arrived home safely via the Savannah Way through Hells Gate. I recall that you were travelling in company with a non-offroad van and had avoided that part of the Savannah as a result. You would have been OK as all the water crossings were simple and your friend would have had no trouble. Towards Bourketown there was a lot of bulldust but that was the worst of it. iT was a wonderful trip.

Are you still travelling?

Regards

Colin and Gayleen

Hi Col

Arrived home 3 weeks ago. Came home via Oodnadatta Track, Strzelecki Track across to Camerons Corner up to Noccundra then back home via Thargarminda.

Gave the kedron a good test but only damage was 2 draw catches broke from contents hitting on the catch on the rough roads. Padding around the catches seems to be the way to go.

Nev

Neville,

That sounds like a great trip. I want to go to the corner country soon. Your comments about the drawer catches is interesting. Our Top Ender performed fantastically along the Gibb River Road including Drysdale etc and then the Savannah Way. The only damage was two drawer catches and I sacfificed two wheel hub covers to the GRR! Your point about padding around the catches is noted. Oh! At the end of the Savannah Way I needed a van wheel alignment. That was my fault as I was not getting under the van and checking the tightness of the suspension nuts. Silly really as on rough roads I am under there frequently visually checking things and pumping grease. Just have to take a shifter with me in future.

When I head to the corner country, it will be next year now, I would love to get some advice from you.

Regards

Colin