Fantastic Vent cleaning

tex

Hi to All

My wife got into a bit of a flap about cleaning the fans on our Fantastic Vents. She asked Know it all (me) to remove the fan blade so they could wash them. Now here's the problem how do you get the little buggers out. THINK I said to myself, so whilst I was pondering the problem she who must be obeyed jump onto the dreaded computer and bingo there on the US site for Fantastic Vents are the cleaning instructions and more information than you could poke a stick at. So now Know it all has a little more knowledge on the maintenance of his beloved Top Ender. see www.fantasticvent.com

Tex

Tex & Mrs Tex.

Well done good site the pop off screen is great (as fitted to our new vent)recommend it to all as a mod to the old ones.

Cleaning is still tedious and finicky for the fan blade but well worth it.

Our new vent also has the rain sensing option where it closes by itself when it senses rain.

Great while you are not in the van sleeping but not soooo good while you are sleeping and it rains! Makes heaps of noise closing and opening.

It is a great feature as you can leave the van with ventilation knowing that if it rains you are safe from a wet floor.

Thanks again guy's.

Cheers from the travellinkyds.

G`Day Mr.& Mrs Tex esq.com :)

Great I thought, there is an easier way to clean the blade on the fan other than undoing all those screw each time.So I looked and looked for the pop off bit ,but alas there was none .I have an older model,so it is back to the screwdriver and stiff neck. LOL.

Rod,good point about the night rain I didn`t realise they would be noisy.

We are now back in Brissie then off to Lake Cooroibah tomorrow for a 5 month housesit.

Cheers

Greetings guy's.

Hope you have a snorkel,it has not stopped raining on the Sunshine Coast for the last 4 days.

We are house sitting at Bellmere near Caboolture 230mm so far in 4 days and it is still coming down :unsure:

Lucky the van is amphibious grin.

Cheers to you both and hope to catch up soon.

Hi All,

After reading all the direction on the Fantastic vent site we were able to remove the fan blades with an simple allen key. She who must be obeyed (Carol) is very delighted with me as usual I was able to solve the problem. The vent now look like new with no stiff neck. If when you go to the site click on the 5000 series vent and in the right margin there is a cleaning tab click on that and bingo it shows you how to remove the blades.

Hi again,

I sound like an echo. We are at Stand down Park near Tin Can Bay and yes it is wet. I have started to grow webbing between the toes. Luckily we have a great camp kitchen here and good company, the owners of the park Rod and Pam often come down and sit and chat, and yes we all tell tall tales and just shoot the breeze. No rank discrimination here just a mob of civvies and old soldiers relaxing. Well worth the effort to stay it's not like most parks we've been too its just like being at home with friends.

Tex

Hi Tex & Carol

We have had quite a few stays at Standdown Park from its beginnings, and yes it is a great park.I am surprised that Rod & Pam are still there.they were talking about travelling again when we were there for Long tan day in 2010.A great day it was too.When you see Rod tell him we are making great use of his "Mungrill". :D

Cheers