Xantrex Controller vs Xantrex True Charge 2 read outs

RodnSue

Hi every one

We’ve recently put our 2010 ATV van into a shed. We are following the advice in

re charging the batteries every 3 wks with 240v.

I’m trying to read the manuals & understand the different read outs on both Xantrex boxes & more so since the van has gone under cover. After all we want to keep the batteries healthy.

Every thing is turned off in the van.

Today, 72hrs after connecting to 240v the Xantrex Linklite read 100% & 13.4v (this was synchronized 3 wks ago after the last connection.) (I also thought that the volt reading is higher whilst in charging mode)(before connection to power it was 12.8v & 95.3%)

(also the below readings were the same 24hrs after power connection but I left the power on to see if these readings would change, but haven’t)

Inside the boot is where I get a little confused.

1. The True Charge charging output is <5%, & the Charger Status shows a solid green light “ready” & solid orange “charging” which per the manual the batteries are in “Float Mode”

ie - all batteries are fully charged & ready for use. ( I’ve not taken any notice before re colour of LED, but is it regular for the charging LED to stay orange?)

2. The controller has the green light at 3 blinks.

I would have thought that the green light in the Controller box should be solid as the True Charge box is in “Float Mode” (Float setting in the controller box would be a solid green light as per the manual)

(it dropped to 2 blinks after 1hr of no power)

3. We tested the batteries with a battery tester that indicates all 3 batteries as being “good" after turning power off & waiting 1 hr

A -Is there a mis match with these 2 boxes? or am I not getting all the info given here right in my head?

Or should we be using the ‘reset’ button on the controller in this instance?

B – I thought that we should be guided by the Controller box indicator light & ignore the True Charge readings for the purposes of knowing when the batteries are fully charged?

C- How long would you expect the batteries to go into “Float Mode” after connecting to 240v from a base of 2:1 blinks on the controller & 95.3% / 12.8v on the Linklite?

My apologies for this long winded post.

I look forward to hearing your replies

Sue