Fitting a fan to cool fridge motor

Leon Brown

Hi

Has anyone information on how to do this . Do you fit an exhaust or cooling fan. Many thanks

Leon

I just did a search as I thought that I had read about this problem some time ago. Search "Vitrifrigo fridge" and I think everything is there in that post for you.

Cheers

Merv

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Early this week we commenced preparing the van for some time at Elliott Heads, including turning on the fridge etc. An hour or so after doing this, checked to see that the fridge was cooling, but alas, it wasn't. Turned it off and on again and noticed the motor ran for about 10 seconds and then cut out. Rang Kedron to see who they could recommend but the factory is on hols, so as advised by the message, rang Jan at the sales office. She suggested I contact Andrew the Fridge Whisperer. This I did and arranged to take the van to him. I had pulled the lower vent off to see if there was anything obvious and noticed that the fan was not running, because overnight the fridge had started to run but was not cycling off. Rang Andrew and told him about this and he said it could be the problem.

Thursday 8:00 am we were at Caboolture to see Andrew and he pulled the fridge out and replaced the fan, refitted the fridge,let it run for almost two hours to check that it pulled the temperature down and to make sure it was cycling.

All was great. Andrew remarked that the Vitrifrigo fans last about 5/6 years at most, less in dusty conditions.

The service we received was first class and at a reasonable price.

Now at Elliott Heads and looking forward to the next 5 weeks.

Bas