Air Bag Suspension

Col and Debbie

Does any one have the Air Cruisemaster suspension fitted to their van?

We have requested it for our 21' ATV2 and were disappointed when Stan advised that they will not fit them due to off road warranty issues. I have read rave reviews about them fitted to other vans (Bushtracker, Boroma and Kedron). Is there really a big difference in ride on corrugations compared to the Leaf Criusemaster?

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hi Col & Debbie,

A friend of mine has a Bushtracker with air bag suspension and tipped it on its side on the Tamani Track. It has gone back to the factory to be repaired and has been told by Bushtracker that they will not refit air bags.

He also told me that 10 vans had been fitted with air bags and 3 have fallen over. My friend's accident happened in the last 2 weeks.

Regards,

Bruce

Guest John & Cheryl

Hi Col & Debbie

I fitted air bag suspension to our last caravan, a single axle off road pop top with a cut away rear end. It made the ride superb but needed the firmest shock absorbers possible to avoid sway. I never thought of the van becoming unstable enough to roll over but it appears to have happened to some people! My new Kedron weighs enough to make the suspension flex and work so I don't have any desire to fit airbags to it. In fact, the only modification I have made to our Kedron is to fit an accumulator to the drinking water pump to stop it continuously cycling. After 29,000km around Australia all I can think of to do is add 2 shelves to the overhead kitchen cupboards and the Kedron boys even gave me the materials to make them!

Cheers - John