Dometic Air Conditioner

Guest John & Rose

Guest John & Rose

Hi, has anyone had any problems with the Dometic air conditioner. We have a 3 months old ATV2 and took it on the Kennedy development road, first time off tar not a good move it seems, the air con now makes a loud noise like something is hitting the fan or the fan is hitting something. Emailed Kedron twice over the last 10 days no reply as yet. so would appreciate any advise.

John & Rose

John,

Sounds familiar. Remove the ceiling module sections and reach up through the hole to the fan. If it is loose, i.e., moves up and down, post again and I'll tell you what the problem is likely to be and how to fix it. Given that your van is only three months old, you will probably find that Dometic will choose to replace the whole unit.

Michael

Guest John & Rose

Thank's for the advice I decided not to pull anything apart as it might void the warranty. I rang Kedron today they are going to get Dometic to advise me as to where to take the van to get it fixed, fingers crossed. Thankyou again. John & Rose

Hi guys

We had the same problem with our new van after 3 weeks. We had the unit replaced under warranty.

Another 3 mths down the track the second unit started blowing out hot air, no cooling what so ever (this was in South Australia during the heat wave in March!!!).

We had to get another new unit installed. So within the first 4 months we have had 2 new air con units installed. I also spoke to 2 other people who had the same problems with new dometic units (not Kedron vans). Apparently Dometic had a bad batch, although I haven't seen a recall for the problem.

If you have a problem contact Dometic and they will change the unit. Speak to Manfred at Dometic in Melbourne as he is in charge of warranty

Cheers

Marty and Meg

Guest John & Rose

Have been contacted by Dometic as to where there agent is and have ordered a new unit, we will have to wait about a week for a new unit to arrive but this is not too hard to take as we are up at Mareeba good weather plenty to do, only problem just ran out of beer. Hope we don't have any more problems as we are going to the Cape as soon as it's fixed, we had another Kedron park beside us today and they have just been up there with the van all the way and they say the road is pretty good so here's hoping.

John & Rose,

Guest John & Rose

We will try to take the van all the way up but may have to unhitch for some side trips. But as we are not great fishing enthusiasts there may not be many of those, It seems there are a number of places on the way up where we hopefully leave the van if needed. John & Rose