The Plenty Highway

Guest Trevor and June

Guest Trevor and June

Hi all who have ventured from Builia to Alice Springs along the Donohue / Plenty Hwy(s)

I am towing a 19.6 ATV and considering this route as an option to going up to Mt Isa / Camooweal / three way and down to Alice.

I have contacted Police and stores along the Plenty and are getting mixed messges about road conditions

Thanks for any feed back. We leave Bris 13 June (is this an omen)

Regards Trevor and June

Hi Trevor & June

We were on the Plenty last May with our Cross Country and had no dramas at all. Sat on 70 - 80 Km/Hr for most of it with van tyres lowered to 25 Psi. They were grading some sections but most of it hadn't been done.

We stopped in to Tobermorey Station for the night and fueled up but that is now closed unfortunately.

Drive to the conditions is all I can say as I had heard reports of the Tanami & Plenty being shocking last year and we thought they were quite good - I think some people's idea of shocking is if it is rougher than bitumen !!

Enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Darryl

Its about 10 years since I did it but it wasn't a bad road. No worse than other far western dirt roads in my opinion. I wasn't towing - but I wouldn't hesitate taking my van over it now. Like all those roads - drive to the conditions.