Wheel Bearings

popeye and olive

We recently had an unfortunate incident just south of Laura when we discovered one of the wheels on our van was extremely hot and smoking. When disassembled we dscovered the split pin in the bearing was missing & had not been there when the wheel was assmbled.

The response from the Kedron factory was rather less than we had expected given the van was only 4 months old and had done less than 4000ks. We did recoup the money from the component manufacturer but not the extra costs associated with accommodation etc.

Chris & Phil Carson

Hi Chris and Phil

I keep an eye on the tempratures of the bearings quite reguarly by walking around and having a quick feel and by doing this I would expect to find a fault before failure.

Did you do this over the 4000klms???

At handover of the new van also Kedron advised me and I think this is part of the handover instructions to ALL new van owners that the bearings and Brakes should be adjusted and checked at approx 1000klms was this done ???

I think by you recouping your cost for the component you have done very well

Regards