Generators For Kedron Vans

norm and irene

I just took delivery of our new Kedron Topender and I already had a Honda 20i and expected that this should be able to run the A/C etc. It does, in fact, run the A/C as long as nothing else at all is running at the time. This concerned me so I went shopping and came onto the Yamaha 2400 new inverter. The dealer kindly let me take it for a test run prior to parting with my money ($1895). To my pleasant surprise it runs the A/C without any problems. Furthermore it runs the A/C AND the microwave AND the charger AND the washing machine AND the lights all at once and it only just gets off the idle. I am absolutely delighted with the generator and it is, in fact, somewhat cheaper than the Honda and only marginally larger in size.

Norm and Irene

normbrosseuk@bigpond.com

Hi Norm and Irene,

We too are expecting our Top Ender May next year. I have been reading into what genny to get as well. The Yamaha is starting to put it's nose in front as many people have complained about the Honda pulling up short. A shame really as I would of liked the Honda genny.

My question is, how well does it fit in the generator compartment of the van? Can you still use the slide? Anyone have any comments??

Cheers.

Pete and Tracey

Havnt tried it but I think there was a thread sometime back re the fitting of the yamaha and you need to remove the slide if you dont it wont fit in the box.

regards

Hi Guys

2400 Yammy does fit in the box.....just. You will have to remove the slide.

On the upside. Theres plenty of grunt to run what you want. Toying with the idea of mounting on the draw bar to save lugging it around when you only want to run it short term. Still in R&D stage for that one.

Cheers

I am the person that submitted the original comment re the Yamaha. It does NOT fit in the genny box with the slide and there is no way to make it fit on the slide. I put the Yamaha in one of the other boxes and it fits neatly without the slide and has left room for me to fit in my chain saw and the chain saw oil etc. I rigged a simple ratchet tie-down to hold the Yamaha in place.

You will not be disappointed with the Yamaha. I too had the Honda and was real pleased with it but it simply does not have the grunt the Yamaha does unless I went to the Honda 3000. This was a real nice one with electric start and all but it simply would not fit in the boxes and besides it was $4000 where the 2400 Yamaha was under $2000.

Norm