LC 200 Conversion

Guest yoshy&kerry

Guest yoshy&kerry

Hi fellow KOGERS.

The beast is back! Four doors, six wheels and 6.3m long with a tray 2m x 2350 long. The airbag suspension allows me to dump the air out of the lazy axle when unloaded to improve the turning circle and save on rubber. Best of all I can dump all the air and the tow ball lowers by 140mm which makes hooking up the van a breeze. I have fitted two 120ah batteries in the wheel wells charged by a 1500w pure sinewave inverter and a 40a trucharge battery charger. CB radio and polaris in dash dvd navigation and reversing camera system are now installed. Just got to add bullbar, winch, snorkel and 50mm lift kit to front end and the rig is ready to hit the high country and beyond. I have attached some photos as well.

Cheers

Yoshy & Kerry

post-123-1221381085_thumb.jpg

post-123-1221381106_thumb.jpg

post-123-1221381136_thumb.jpg

post-123-1221381161_thumb.jpg

looks great yoshie cant wait to see it in the flesh in a few weeks.

I believe the Snorkles will be shipped from the factory in Melbourne tomorrow and I am hoping mine will be fitted next monday if it arrives on time.

1 Qestion thou (I know you cant type real fast but in short version answer :biggrin: ) why the pure sinewave and 40 amp charger to charge the batteries????

regards

Guest yoshy&kerry

Kimbo, The charging system is simular to that I had in my aussie swag camper trailer and I found it worked well for me. There are some efficiency losses this way but I get a good clean regulated voltage to the auxilary batteries and when at camp I can switch the inverter to obtain supply from the auxilary. The system is also set up so I can parallel the four batteries in the van with the two cruiser auxilary batteries and the standard engine batteries, thats eight batteries which can be charged by the 120a van charger or van solar or car solar or car 40a charger. You see I'm a sparky and I like to play

CHEERS

Congrats Guy's

Looks great and you sure sound stoked about it.

Can't wait to see it.

Mavis and Rod.