Towing Mirrors

Guest C&B

Hi All,

This is our first post to the new site. We posted to the old site as "Newbing".

While in Bundaberg recently, we saw a 4X4 with towing mirrors mounted on the bullbar. They appeared to be well built, extendable, and permanently attached.

Does anyone know where these might be purchased?

Chris and Brian

18.5 ATV

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Chris & Brian,

Welcome to the group. People seem a bit quite in responding probably due to the Christmas break. I don't know the mirrors to which you refer. A number of group members have strap on type mirrors that attach to the vehicles existing mirrors.

We have Aussie Truck Mirrors which we find does us. These and the strap on type mirrors are easier to adjust from inside the cab of the vehicle where those on the bonnett or bull bar would be out of arms reach to adjust so a good set up would be required before setting off.

Maybe others will have more to add later. Hope to meet up with you both sometime down the track. :biggrin:

Ann

In addition to adjustment problem, the front of the vehicle swings wider than the middle when you go around sharp corners, as my friend discovered when he wrapped his bull-bar mirrors around a tree . . .

Hi, we're new members by the way (Sid & Sandie, or just S&S). Just traded up to a 3 year old XC (really an ATV in features), from the Kedron sales yard. Did it belong to any of you guys?

Cheers

Sid

• 2 years later...

We are still looking into them at $650 they are very pricy but for the convenience think they would be great.

Waiting to see them at the Brissie show before making a decision.

http://www.clearviewmirrors.com.au/

I am assured that they don't fold in with passing trucks.

For those that are not familiar with them, they replace your original door mounted mirrors and retain the original electrical adjustment.

When towing you simple pull them out to the tow position and off ya go too easy.

Will update after the Brisbane show. :thumbsup:

I had a good look at these (Clearview) mirrors at the Sydney show a few weeks back. I was impressed. Looks like they're well made and they certainly fit well. The demo models were on a Toyota Landcruiser 100. Variants will be available for other vehicles, (I think the next was Nissan Patrol). I guess they are focussing first on what they think will be the highest volume tow vehicles. I didn't drive the vehicle, but sitting in the driver's seat and looking at both mirrors, adjusting them and playing around showed me that the rear and side views were very well covered. Certainly the coverage was better than the standard mirrors. Regards, Phil.