Used Kedron 18' advice

Tim M

Good morning

I am based in MEL VIC and I spose like many VIC's in C-19 land,  am doing all the research to but a van trying to cut through all of the hype/fog/garbage that is out on www.

I am a first time vanner and focusing on the 18-19’ compact type KEDRON range however still lost in the fog and don’t want to but one and rock up to a camp site and be told “ hey mate you should have reached out to us – and we could have stopped you making all of these rookie mistakes”

I have noted that the KEDRON club is for owners/pre ordered persons which I totally get and respect – and this e-mail is inquiring to if you have any advice for a rookie as I am sure that there an extensive knowledge and experience of forum/members that have gone through what I have started

So where am I at?

• Have budgeted only 60-70K for a van for wife and self and have to allow $30-40 for a suitable tow vehicle and will probaly stick to a TOYOTA - as that will burn up the funds - as need $ to enjoy the lifestyle (thinking no more than 17-18' off roader around 2012+, single beds if possible)
  • very much focused on a quality build and engineering and of course after sales service – Paul from KEDRON seems to be more than supporting to date
  • Van wanted for local VIC/SA/NSW type 3-5 days tours at the start but want to be able to travel to WA and go up North – when I get leave from current job – and get more experience
  • Want to ensure good resale value – happy to take the hit for fair wear and tear etc
  • Not sure if I can service and maintain a KEDRON in VIC when everything is QLD focused
  • I see Bushtracker have a huge following and an awesome members sales page but cant work out why as huge pricing model and when I look at the engineering – I see some of the wiring etc is now where near what KEDRON and pumping out

Anyway – I am only 62 and want to start and enjoy the van life whilst still fit and healthy and any advice would be so much appreciated

So forum - reaching out and seeing if anyone could offer a VIC rookie any advice

• Like 2

Keep your eye on the 'Sale' section of the forum something might pop up there.  Also on the Facebook Kedron page sometimes has vans.  

Read, read, read.  It will all start to make some sense.  Make sure it has a diesel heater.  Toyotas are certainly the way to go for a car.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tim I am a Victorian based Kedron owner (7 Years) and would be quiet happy to talk to you and answer any queries you may have.

If I was to replace my van it would most definitely be another Kedron

Warm Regards

John

• Like 3

Hi Tim,

One area you will need to get your head around is the weight of the van and the weight limits of the car.  There is a ton of stuff explaining this on the web.

• Like 2