Kedron CX

Ray

G`Day Ray

Do you mean XC model as in Cross Country. It is the lowest spec model in the Kedron range. still agreat van though.Check out the Kedron website for more info.www.kedroncaravans.com Hope you find what you want,you cant go far wrong with a Kedron and the staff are brilliant.

cheers

Rick & Lea :thumbsup:

Ray

We have done many trips with our xc model and she has served us well, including a trip along the Gibb River road, the Great central road,Tasmania with no problems.

These Kedrons are really built to last.

Having recently purchased a s/hand top Ender we now,( as of today) officially placed our cx on the market . :thumbsup:

John

Small world, John from Albany, because I was reading the add in Saturdays West Australian, CX Kedron for sale in Albany and been having trouble getting any information on this model, I guess thats why CX the wrong way arround.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the tip :shades: . I was not aware it was the wrong way around in the West. I will ring them up to change it. Let me know if you are interested.

John

I am but its a long way from where Im sitting, Port Hedland. Also its hard to know the condition of the van, whats it like, would it suit my wife and me, would it be worth me going to Albany,would my Nissan Navara have the grunt to pull it back to Port Hedland. So many probs! but I do know that these type of vans are hard to come by and its what I am after.

Ray

I drove through Pt Hedland today towing my XC2 on my way home after completing a fairly long outback run.

The route was Gt Central road Leonora to Alice Springs, Plenty and Donohue Hwys to Boulia, Birdsville, Longreach, Normanton, Savannah Way to Boroloola, including crossing the Calvert river thanks to a Kedron owner and 6 others who cleared most big rocks 2 days earlier in their west east run, then finished off with the Gibb river road.

We had no significant problems and no flat tyres.

My tow car is a 3ltr Patrol running on OE Bridgestone 693's which pulls the 3.1t van with ease.

I will be leaving the Harding river caravan site on Wednesday morning.

Your Navara should pull the XC ok but do bear in mind that any XC's built earlier than 2007 are a different build spec to the current XC2 as some were built as effectively ATV's.

Cheers

John

Good point John.

Our XC 16'6" shower van was ordered in early 2005 with a promised tare weight of 2150kg.

When we went to the factory to pick it up in August 2005 the tare was 2345kg's.

The stated reason for this massive increase was that they had decided to put the beastie on an ATV chassis.

Also keep in mind that most van manufacturers state the tare weight without gas bottles,or water in the tanks and some without spare wheels , sadly it is up to them as to what they include in the tare statement.

This unfortunately left us with only being able to load up a couple of cans of baked beans and a few clothes to bring us to our legal limit of 2500kg's for our Nissan auto 3 liter.

Having said that, it was our first van and in ignorance we took it as was, in spite of the shortcomings weight wise.

Bear in mind that the van was ordered to be tugged with a 3 liter Nissan auto that had a tow capacity of 2500kg and was sold as suitable for the Prado and the Pagero as well as the Nissan auto.

The Nissan did a great job as our tug until I decided that we needed to put water in the tanks, more solar panels on the roof, an inverter, diesel heater and heaps more mods which made us lots heavier than the Nissan could legally pull.

So after all this waffle on be aware of the weight of any XC that you look at, check the data plate and look at any mods that have been done to the van.

We actually increased the certified weights on our van by having it re certified by an engineer to keep us legal due to the fact that Transport departments on the East coast are now occasionally road side weighing rigs, a scary thought for most of us. :thumbsup:

Good point John.

Our XC 16'6" shower van was ordered in early 2005 with a promised tare weight of 2150kg.

When we went to the factory to pick it up in August 2005 the tare was 2345kg's.

The stated reason for this massive increase was that they had decided to put the beastie on an ATV chassis.

Rod & Mavis

That's not a massive increase. My 17ft XC2 was plated at 2250Kg Tare & 2750Kg ATM which suited the Terracan I had at the time of purchase.

How ever when I filled al tanks and weight equal to about the 500Kg load allowance then weighed it the ATM was 3100Kg.

Kedron supplied a new plate and I got the van registration details amended in WA.

I now consider the extra weight a blessing as maybe there is a lot of extra strength somewhere that allowed me to do my recent trip without any significant problems.

I believe all caravans sold new or used should have a weigh bridge certified weight.

Cheers