To Pop or Not to Pop

ringlord

Hi there, Looking for feedback on whether to buy a used pop top versus solid roof. I have been trying to find a late model ATV or maybe an XC with ATV chassis or an upgraded suspension. Not a lot about lately so am even considering a BT but would prefer a Kedron. Anyone have experience of a pop top and the pros and cons. For example I heard that putting air conditioning was not a good idea if roof mounting. I also heard that the canvas shrouds degenerate quickly and that the vans are hotter in summer and colder in winter in comparison to a solid roof.

Also should mention am open to offers of a van if you are considering selling or know of someone about to list one.

Best regards

Mario Dolfen

Ringlord Curly Coated Retrievers :helpsmilie:

We have gradually gone from pop up Viscount replacing the canvas :confused: to xc kedron full size and now Top ender also full size and would not recommend any thing else :thumbsup:

Nothing to fiddle with and go wrong, more cupboards.

Having a solid roof also means no problem with mounting solar panels etc.

You would not be disappointed buying second hand Kedron, particular if its one connected with this site as most people keep up to date with the latest extras.

Good luck.

John

Thanks for the input and the heads up on the XC Sue. Between posting the thread and now we have purchased a 2005 19' XC on ATV chassis from Jan at Kedron. For a second I thought it was yours when I saw the post. I had figured pretty much as John said so steered clear of a pop up. We have asked Kedron to make a few changes to make it more an expedition unit. Added a 4th 80l tank, Front Loader Dometic W/Machine, 3rd Solar Panel and Battery (40a charger) and of course an ATM upgrade to 3.2T. Will pick up late in March. I suppose we can now official apply to be Kogers :-) I will send in the requisite form and $ and van deposit receipt. Thanks again for the feedback.

Mario (& a very excited Christina)

Missed a sale by ...... that much. LOL. Congratulations on becoming a Kedron owner. I know you will have many exciting trips ahead of you.

For anyone else looking at a second hand Kedron, ours has 4 panels, 4 batteries, 4 water tanks, 1800w Inverter and frontloader washing machine.

Send me a PM if you're interested and we can talk price.