Hi everyone - time for a formal intro?

Ian and Sue

:)

Its about time we got ourselves around to a formal intro - we have been reading the forum for a long, long time and more recently adding a few comments but haven't really gotten around to saying a proper hello.

HELLO ALL!!!

We have aspired to a new caravan for a considerable time now and came really, really close to ordering one but things happen and I like to believe there is a reason for that. Anyway, without getting too philisopical in my first formal post we did sell our old faithful van within a week of advertising actually and decided upon a really well priced Kedron which just by chance happened to be for sale right here in Karratha.

The poor Queenslanders that had owner her where on their way around Oz when the GFC struck and they decided to hang around up here, go back to work and top up the diminising bank balance. The Kedron although brilliant for long term touring really isnt suited to long term onsite living in such a hot harsh environment (spacewise that is) and they bit the bullet and bought a larger van with slideouts. Poor old Keddy has been parked up ever since. Worse still they where unable to find a buyer for it as 99 percent of people want a "live in" caravan and the rest found its distance from their location not feasable for a purchase. We got a real bargain and don't mind spending the dollars to bring her right back up to new as we still will be in front.

We have already changed out the hatch in the bathroom as sitting through two Pilbara summers has made plastic components on the outside of the van very brittle. We bought three new AGM batteries at a wonderful price thanks to our brother-in-law and even didnt have to pay a fortune for freight to get them up here. We have ordered a new awning which, fingerscrossed, will be delivered today so that we can sweat it out in 40C this weekend and install it.

Next week, assuming the awning is on, I get to take the Keddy back down to our Geraldton home as it will be safer down there during our cyclone season.

Are you getting tired of reading yet. Well I will finish for now as I am in MacDonalds waiting for our Landcruiser to have its 20K service and have to go. I will post more later along with some photos.

Oh - before I finish - I had a lovely surprise in this mornings mail. It was our membership badges! Love the stickers and will polish a spot on the Keddy and enjoy displaying them.

Cheers all and thanks for reading.

Sue

Hello Ian and Sue

Even though we have corresponded already (via this forum).... welcome!

Taking the van to Gero is a good idea. Last year we were still here for the first cyclone of the season and were lucky enough to be able to secure our van at the Shire Depot. It was still a bit of a worry being here at Cossack while the van was at Karratha and not knowing how it was fairing.

If you are at all like Sue and I, you will get great value from your Kedron. We have been to a lot of places that are simply out of the question if you don't have a van like a Kedron. We've had surprisingly little damage during those travels as well.

I bet you are both looking forward to your first "big trip".

Cheers

Russ n Sue

Hi Ian & Sue

Lovely to hear from you again and congrats on the purchase.

One question we knew that McDonalds were expanding products but did not know that they serviced 200 series :D

Enjoy your travels.

Cheers from us.

Hi Ian & Sue

Lovely to hear from you again and congrats on the purchase.

One question we knew that McDonalds were expanding products but did not know that they serviced 200 series :D

Enjoy your travels.

Cheers from us.

:lol: Any excuse for a coffee is good for me! Shame Ian doesn't share my enthusiasm err make that addiction. I towed the caravan down to Geraldton today and guess where the first port of call had to be when I arrived? Well I did leave my beloved cappuccino machine back in Karratha and packet stuff just isn't the same. I didn't mention to Ian that I had a slight detour though so don't tell

Your secret is safe with us :rolleyes:

Any questions or dramas with the new van be sure to post on this site, there is plenty of help available.

We received a deposit from a lovely couple for our old van,so we will be dropping off the Members forum as soon as she has left the driveway. We will still be able to view and comment on the Public forum and host Gatherings being associate members,so watch this space grin.

Mavis and I hope very much to catch up with you two next year.

Again welcome to a great group.

Cheers to all and love to youse.