Benchtops

Hermit

Hi all, before we see Stan to confirm our order, the Mrs would like some advice or suggestions regarding the kitchen bench tops and tabletop.

We are interested in the shiny laminex rather than the matt look, and are interest if any koggers have the shiny laminex and how well they wear.

We are concerned, that with a lot of off-road travelling, that the shiny laminex might get a lot of scratches and become a bit average looking.

We might have to just go with the matt look, does anyone have any experience with the shiny laminex in their vans?

Regards

Rob

Townsville

I know you have asked for direct experience, and I don't have that.

But I have spoken to a few people who have had the shiny look laminex, and they have all universally hated it. Yes it looks wonderful when new but apparently it very soon scratches and looks scuffed - which is quite apparent.

But it will be good to hear from someone else who has direct knowledge of the material.

Chris

We had shiney laminate in our home and didn't have problems with scratching, I am very careful with where and how I place things BUT it did show every little fingerprint and spot of dust.

Cheers

Sue