Diesel Heater Service

petenmargie

We have a great run out of our little Airtronic deisel heater in our ATV from -5 degrees in Victorian Alps and frosty mornings in central Oz. I have only ever changed the filter once and kept the deisel clean and fresh before use. But it stopped working last August in a flurry of smoke and lots of clicking. Would like to get properly cleaned and serviced before we need to use it again. Any advice as to how to go about this? I guess I have to take unit out to get worked on or, is it something I can do myself? Any handy KOGer's had a go on one of these units?

Thanks

Pete n Margie

I know this topic has a lot of attention on other forums from time to time. For instance, see this discussion on Caravaners Forum:

/>http://caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17573&hilit=servicing+diesel+heaters

The attached document is of interest.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete,

If you have ordered a new pump..... fair enough..... hope you ordered a new one via eBay (from a guy in Turkey of all places).

I would suggest you try cleaning the pump in metho ( as in flushing through).... Ashley at the factory has great success resurrecting 'old' pumps this way. Mine was brought back to life this way almost three years ago... still going fine :D