Dust Deflector

RickA

Urgent Info Required

We have the van in at Kedron, and one of the jobs is to have a dust deflector fitted in front of the 4 season hatch on the roof.The 4 season hatch on out ATV2 is on the front and sloping end of the van. Does anyone out there have one fitted and does it work? And what sort of design is it? :unsure:

Cheers

• 1 year later...

Urgent Info Required

We have the van in at Kedron, and one of the jobs is to have a dust deflector fitted in front of the 4 season hatch on the roof.The 4 season hatch on out ATV2 is on the front and sloping end of the van. Does anyone out there have one fitted and does it work? And what sort of design is it? :unsure:

Cheers

This was asked over 12months a go but has anyone a photo of one fitted?

Would love to see how it is made :unsure:

Please

John

G'day John & Jo

We did not get one fitted in the end. But Tony H has one fitted and as he is a regular on the forum he will no doubt inform you of its success. Last time we spoke to him (about 4 months ago) he had not yet trialled in dusty conditions.

Cheers

Rick

Hi John & Jo,

Currently on the road with the van, but travelling mainly on the black top @ the moment. As such it is somewhat difficult to say that YES it does work. But I have been happy with the lack off dust I've had on the couple of hundred k's of dirt since installation of this deflector.

I have never been able to master the black art of posting pictures on this site........ If u pm me with ur phone number or reply to zero four one two 415466 I will send you a couple of photos :)

Hi John & Jo,

Currently on the road with the van, but travelling mainly on the black top @ the moment. As such it is somewhat difficult to say that YES it does work. But I have been happy with the lack off dust I've had on the couple of hundred k's of dirt since installation of this deflector.

I have never been able to master the black art of posting pictures on this site........ If u pm me with ur phone number or reply to zero four one two 415466 I will send you a couple of photos :)

Thanks Tony have sent you a message

Urgent Info Required

Cheers

We have the air conditioner fitted very close to the front of the 4 seasons, is that why we do not have a dust problem from the 4 seasons?

Cheers

Yes I recon that's probably why Zolle .

Our hatch is at the front and have found that a small amount does come through .

Not too bad really we were driving on a very very dusty roads in mid west of WA .

This area has not had any rain of any significance the last two years .

Still good to drive through .

My brother has a liitle A van and boy he copped a lot of dust :P

All good after a clean out :)

Thanks Ann a good read .

Has anybody tried Rod from tassie's idea of leaving the front 4season hatch on the storm setting and thus creating a vacuum ?

Our hatch is at the front of the van.

Thanks for all your imput so far this is a great forum with a bunch of like minded people.

John

Hi John & Jo

Yes we tried that idea some time back. Result, ripped the flap off, then filled the van with dust. "Bugger".

So we went with the sponge up in the inside of the vent( 4 seasons) trick. As I said earlier ,it looks a bit daggie but it seems to work. Now if we can now stop the dust from coming in around the door it would be even better. :blink:

Cheers

Rick

Hi,

Don't want to hijack this thread but in answer to Lea & Rick about the dust entering from around the door issue....I had this problem some time ago and eventually ended up sealing the entire door and vent with gaffer tape, sponge inserted in any and every crevice - took me about 30mins to access the van after - and eventually discovered that the dust was not entering from around the door at all! It was coming up from under the stairwell. I never did identify the specific spot but running a very generous bead of sealant around every possible join under the entry stair did it for me!

Cheers

Brian

G'day John, Jo & Brian

As regards the Dust deflector, I spoke to Tom at Kedron who spoke to one of the welders, and the consensus was that the Dust deflector would create a vortex behind it, thus making the problem worse. As to the door dust leak, it is definitely not the door step. We can see where it is coming in around the hinges. :huh: So back to the drawing board.

Cheers

Rick