Plastic tubs under bed

Hermit

Hi all, We will be taking delivery of our new 21' TE at the end of this month and before we pick it up I want to buy a couple of plastic tubs with lids for under the bed.

Can anyone tell me how much room there is, how high can the tubs with lids be?

I know we could wait until we get the van, but ,we want to take some items in tubs with us, in the car, when we go to kedron.

Also, we are having the reversing camera fitted to the van by the Kedron guys, what sort of access inside the car, do they need, and do they connect it up to the existing screen in the dash (we have a 2011 200s Landcruiser GXL).

Thanks in advance for any advice/ideas

Rob

Townsville

Hi Rob

I'd be asking the boys @ Kedron to see if they'll install the little fuse & relay box inside the vehicle as ours was installed onto the under side of our Patrol.

Am not sure why, but for easier access maybe.

Unfortunately the dusty roads through Qld & NT mixed with water rendered the little box useless within 50 kms along the Gib River Road. Kedron very kindly replaced the box though.

We managed to go with out the reversing for the next 6 months of our trip & just used hand held walky talkies for parking up the van.

I can't comment much with the camera monitor on the dash as our vehicle is a Patrol, but is was placed on the middle of the dash with a flat plate stuck on the dash then the monitor can be removed when not being used. (the plate stays in place on the dash)

We used a combination of larger & smaller plastic tubs under the bed & also with out the lids under the sink. The larger tubs can be stacked 2 high & I placed a sticker on each to identify what was in each. Our smaller 1's are 38 x 32 x 17 High (cms) The larger are 57 x38 x 24 high (cms). We didn't fill the entire space with plastic boxes though & left room for miscellaneous items such as liquid refreshments & tent (Bungle Bungles) etc. I hear some people use large storage bags as well.

It's all personal preference I guess for what does & doesn't go into plastic boxes.

Hope this helps & have fun with your Kedron when you get it.

Cheers Sue

We have 21ft ATV2 and Tug is 200series Landcruiser. Camera screen is mounted on top of the dash in the middle and I wouldnt have it any other way. I think it should be standard for all Vanners

It looks like it is going to be a busy time at the factory at the end of this month as our 21ft Top Ender is also going to be ready. After being away from vans for more than I would like to recall we are both looking forward to getting this one and enjoying retirement.

Hi Rob if you like you can come around and take a look at our area under the bed before you go just give me a ring I'm still at work for another 2 weeks before we set off on our 9 week trip to the Kimberlys, Richard