Your chance to have your say on Freedom Camping for Qld

RodnSue

Hi Every one,

I read this article on another forum & thought I would share it with you as most of us are supporters of freedom camping.

This is our chance to make comments for future planning etc if it gets to the Gov level.

Hopefully I've inserted the link properly as below.

My link

Then go to PDF - it's quite long, but worth a read

To Quote some of the text on the web site -

Draft Queensland Drive Tourism Strategy

The Queensland Government is developing a strategy to help strengthen the State’s economy by encouraging travellers to take a driving holiday in Queensland, and delivering targeted support for the drive sector.

We are particularly interested in your views on which are the highest priority initiatives outlined in the draft strategy.

Topics include meeting consumer needs; road quality, safety and maintenance; signage; roadside infrastructure; accommodation; visitor information and technology; and marketing and promotion.

Draft Queensland Drive Tourism Strategy (PDF, 3.6 MB) (PDF)

Have your say on the draft strategy for Queensland's drive tourism sector.

unquote

I've yet to travel much of Qld in our van, but I will submit some ideas/ suggestions that I've experienced else where.

Hopefully all submissions won't be a waste of time & effort.

The more submissions made, the more the Gov may listen to us travellers.

cheers

Sue

Hi Sue

It is only a waste when people sit around thinking about putting in a submission and don't do it. Good on you for submitting your thoughts and also for bringing it our attention. I am going to sit down this evening and read through the PDF, jotting down notes as I go and then will join you in having a say.

If we say nothing then things may not change, and perhaps they might not anyway BUT at least we can say we made an effort eh?

Cheers

Sue

Lol Sue with taking notes.....not at you, but with the idea....I too have 3/4 a page of notes so far plus page no*s for reference & still have 1/2 the article to read.

Have been thinking that if I quote too much they may not bother to read what I submit.

Will just have to be clever in how I present it I guess.

Grab yourself a drink or 3 when you tackle same article, as it's 58 pages long........

Agree that we musn't sit on our hands on this one.

Cheers

Sue