Satellite iPhone 4/4s, 5

John and Ann

Hi All,

If you have an iPhone 4, 4s or 5 and need to have Satellite access when your out of your Telco's coverage then check out the iPhone Satellite sleeve due for release shortly in the US, I like it!

http://www.redmondpi...atsleeve-video/

SatSleeve-iphone.png

Wonder if and when we might see them in Oz?

Cheers,

John (aka, Mr Gadget)

G'day Webby,

Ms Gaget, you will have to be quick to be the first in the queue! What a great isea!

Actually, being a satellite phone it occured to me that I could buy one from the US and set up an account with one of their providers. I searched for a seller without luck. Perhaps the are so new that they have not yet got them out with distributors.

If they work well they will be a great asset.

Colin

Why bother, for the same price after rebate and cheaper calls ($1.00 per minute) get a real IsatPhone on Inmarsat. Apparently the Thuraya network has problems if you try to take one into Bangladesh. There was an article only recently of a businessman locked up over there for possession of a Sat Phone on that network which is used by the local terrorists..

Cheers

Merv

Hi All,

Here's some more info from Thuraya. They are certainly talking about use in Oz on their website.

I've already got a iSatPhone Pro Merv, it's not perfect either. I dare say the subsidy will apply to this device also, I did hear recently though that the subsidy has a limited life span. Oh and I don't plan on going to Bangladesh any time soon, but, I think that there could a few countries that don't allow/recommend you to take a Satellite phone into them.

Oh yeah, I've no association with Thuraya or any organisation that sells their products. I'm just a technology tragic.

Thuraya SatSleeve FAQ_.pdf

SatSleeve Factsheet 100313.pdf

You can find the brochure HERE, it was too big to upload.

Cheers

John