Satellite Tv

Ian and Jill Brown

I have just purchased a sat. tv kit and spent this afternoon setting it up.

I have connected the dish to the antenna point on the front drivers side of our 18' TE, the 12 volt set top box is connected to the antenna point in the overhead cupboard in the kitchen.

However, I am not getting any sound from the satellite finder (in line near the lnb) when trying to tune the dish.

Has anyone any thoughts on what I am doing wrong, they would be most appreciated?

Ian

Longshot answer

But are you sure that these wires are joined inside the cupboard as from memory when mine was set up by the sat guy he had to join wires and put a connection onto the wires as they were just sitting inside the cupboard wrapped up in electrical tape. Wires I'm talking about are in the same compartment where the winguard ariel connection is

worth a look

Regards

Mine were OK (TE), but there were 2 wires in the cupboard - one goes to outside sat point; other goes to outside annexe TV point. They weren't marked in the cupboard, but it wasn't hard to work out.

Ian, if you have no signal on the meter at all, and you have the cable plugged into the input of the sat box, then maybe you have the wrong cable. Have a look and try the other one.

The other thing to check is that you hvae the meter connected correctly - if the connections are the wrong way around you have no hope (someone told me this, I wouldn't do anything that stupid :-)

David

Hi there.

Once you have physically checked all the connections from the LNB through to the back of the decoder box, then check the display panel is illuminated (light on) in the sat finder. Light on, then power (approx 13.8 volts) is going :thumbsup: the decoder box to the LNB; thats good. No light, then no power getting through; that's bad, recheck connections. If you have to recheck connections again, then perhaps disassemble the system and start again!!!!!

If the power is getting through, go over your setup procedure again, making sure you have the correct setup screen on your TV.

Hope this helps.

Peter

(ATV42)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ian & Jill

I hope you have sorted out your problem by now what was the solution? My similar problem with a dish from a local Perth supplier was simply that they gave me the wrong LNB.

Regards

John