Info required for Birdsville Track & Eyre Devolopmental Road

Steve and Kez

Hello Fellow Travelers,

We are currently in the Riverland in SA for grape harvest and will be travelling to Lawn Hill in Qld at the start of May for work.

I am thinking of travelling the Birdsville Track & Eyre Devolopmental Road through Bedourie and Bouilia, then onto Lawn Hill.

While I know the Oodnadatta and Birdsville Tracks are nice and easy tracks to travel, I am unsure about the Eyre Developmental Road as I have not previously travelled it.

So I would appreciate some information about it from anyone who has travelled it recently please

Thank you

Hi Steve and Kez

We travelled from Birdsville to Mt Isa via the Eyre Development Road and Diamantina Developmental Way June 2014 .

The road was in very good condition. Most of the road is sealed. You should no problems.

Warm Regards

John and Tina

Enjoy the trip

Thanks John & Tina,

By the sounds of it I need to update my map as it shows it as all unsealed.

Thanks again

• Like 1

We headed to Mt Isa after the races last year and I think there was only about 50k's or of intermittent dirt. Check you map and see if it has dots and dashes, this was the bitumen/dirt break up. Easy trip to enjoy. Don't forget to indulge in a swim at the Artesian Spa in Bedourie on the way north.

Cheers

Merv

Thanks for the info Merv,

I have just gone and purchased a new Hema Maps book as my previous one is 16 years old. There seems to be a lot more sealed roads (all over Australia) in it than the old book had ............ funny that, hey.

We are holding a special "Burning Ceremony" for the old book today as we thought Australia day was very appropriate for it as it has guided us well over the may years. We are still deciding on whether or not to keep the ashes as it seems part of the family now.

• Like 1