Thetford Toilet Cassette Holding Tank Guage

MADOG

Our guage doesn't register anything at any level. I understand others don't register until 3/4 full. I would appreciate feedback as to what other experiences have been/are.

Perhaps there is a secret place where I need to clean or lubricate - appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Roger

Hi Roger

Mine dont work no more either and funnily I was just out there cleaning the cassette and trying to get rid of the black mould with in the flush tank I actually had the destructions out reading them because at the caravan and camping show I was told and shown that there was a battery for the guage but this was in a thetford but different kind to ours.

Whilst doing this I had a look and if you remove the cassette and look along the right hand side inside the compartment there looks like a pedulam thingy with a black centre and I THINK this is a magnet and on the removable cassette where about this pendulum is you will see a square section that would be near or exact spot so i am thinking there must be a magnetised pendulum float inside the tank dont know how you could fix this but

Im not keen on getting my hand in there and feelin around :tongue_ss: :biggrin:

Regards

Kimbo,

Thanks for the entertaining reply :biggrin: , I am not that keen in feeling around in there also.

Perhaps someone wiser than us will have the answer and if not, well will just have to use some common sense but it is a shame the gizmo doesn't work.

Roger

Come on guys. How about rubber gloves. :biggrin:

We have no problem with the guage, but did break the wire to the fuse and the pump would not work. If the wire to the fuse drops down it catches on the cassette when you remove and replace. Could never get the fuse holder back where it was originally, but got it working again.

We also lubricate around the "hole" where the slider goes back and forwards with olive oil when we empty the toilet. Works a treat.

Cheers

Eric and Jody

If we're talking cr*p, I'm in! LOL

I always use gloves when emptying - hasn't had an accident yet but one day they'll pay off, I'm sure!

Our gauge does start moving but not until about 3/4 full. This was the same on the last van.

With the cassette removed, there's nothing left that would/should be messy, so I wouldn't have any problems having a feel around up there.

I did read olive oil around the ring (on the cassette!) was recommended for lubrication, don't use mineral oils as they deteriorate the rubbber.

Guest David & Debbie

Hi Roger

We have the a similar problem, our works until half full, then the gauge sticks. Todate no success fixing it.

have needed the rubber gloves once when in Bowen, what a mess.

Regards

David & Debbie

TopEnder

Well Team!

I have done something quite remarkable this evening.

I actually pulled out the Thetford instructions and even read them. How does that story go? When all else fails read the instructions. Christine is quite shocked and so am I 'cause the little booklet says under the heading EMPTYING "The waste level indicator does not begin to change from green to red until the tank is 3/4 full"

Bl**dy amazing!

Now I know how it works! Should have read them a coupla nights ago.

Nice talking to you all.

Roger