Teewah Beach Trip / Info

dazmit

Hi All

It must be my turn to payback Chris & Val for making me jealous of their travels so I've added a few pics of our latest trip in my photo album. :biggrin:

http://www.kedronownersgroup.com/photos/th...ls.php?album=56

We had a Boys trip last week-end up Teewah Beach Cooloola Nat park North of Tewantin with my Dad, son Mitch and myself having a great long week-end.

Weather was beautiful as can be seen from the pics but not many fish about.

I can report that access track Cutting #2 is hard packed and the Beach is great up to approx 2.5 hours either side of high tide. :thumbsup:

cheers

Darryl

• 2 weeks later...

Daz,

Thoroughly enjoyed the photos of Teewah beach, makes be even more determined to get a true 4x4 and not just a SUV.

Just one question though - I noticed that you had guy ropes attached to your roll-out awning, I was wondering how you attached the rope ends to the awning - I was worried about damaging the roller part of the awning.

Thanks,

PeterF.

Hi Peter

I made up ropes with those black plastic rope clips at each end and just wrap the rope around the awning and clip it on to itself - if that makes sense ??

Cheers

Darryl

Well Dazmit, you succeeded in making me soooo envious! What a spot. I am going to insist you accompany us out there for a trip early next year. Definitely. And I want a marshmallow too.

Is the spot hard to get to? Much beach driving, which needs local tidal knowledge?

Chris

Hi Chris

I'm sure mitch will cook you some marshmallows :thumbsup:

That spot was approx 23km up the beach from one of the access tracks. Their are 3 access tracks fairly close together #1 is the softest and most used and always has a large hole (must be heritage listed !!) midway so you can't use momentum to get through.

Numbers 2 and 3 are the easiest and usually hardpacked right to the beach unless it has been dry for a few months and then they can be soft sand which gives some trouble (from experience).

As long as you avoid driving approx 2.5 hours either side of high tide it's like driving on bitumen as a old Sigma station wagon towing a old van proved a few years ago :confused:

cheers

Darryl