Digital Pyrometer For Diesel Engines

Blueheeler

:helpsmilie: Hi everybody,

I'm trying to obtain a digital pyrometer with temperature alarm for my 1HZ diesel with after market Denco turbo. I've tried several times to purchase one on ebay for about $175 to $235 but I just miss out each time. I was quoted $400 plus installation by one company in Brisbane which I thought was a bit excessive. So my question is, does anybody know of any company that distributes/sells Digital Alarm Pyrometers in Australia. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

KINGY. :thumbsup:

Hi Rosco,

This is the one I've been looking at in the US. "Dooley Auotmotive Group" in Oregon. Have a look and let me know what you think. I'm always open to second opinion.

Regards,

Kingy :thumbsup:

Dear Sue,

I have checked that brand out, but I think that price $247 is only for the digital unit. Alarm monitor is extra as well as the K thermocouple at $104. Thank-you for your quick response my friend. Your help has and is always appreciated.

Regards,

Kingy

Rosco,

My eldest son has just installed a VDO pyrometer and boost guages(Anolog type) into his 80 series. Unfortuneately he has gone to Fraser Is for a week with his family so I can't advise you how they perform. He has also installed them into a pod on the pillar near the Steering wheel. As soon as he comes home I'll let you know the results.

Regards,

Kingy. :thumbsup: