Intro And A Couple Of Questions.

Pete and Tracey

Hi,

Well Ihave been lurking in the forum for a couple of months now and find the sight to be a great resource of information. I look forward to being an active participant in the forums. We live in Keperra, Brisbane and plan to work around Australia in 18 months to 2 years. Tracey is a Paralegal and I work in IT.

We purchased our first Kedron a few weeks ago and ordered a Top Ender. We have never owned a caravan before and look forward to renting the house and heading off to explore the country. For how long? Who knows??

I have so many questions! I guess over time I will get them answered. My first concern is that not alot of people seem to using the Patrol as a tow vehicle. We have an 05 4.2 ST with 3" exhaust, turbo boost upped and dyno'd. Is there anything wrong with the Nissan?? I hope not!

So many questions !

Well I will leave it at that for now.

Cheers,

Pete and Tracey

Hi Pete & Tracey

We are doing what you will be doing in 18 months. Our plan is up to 5 years on the road, we have been on the road for 4 months so far & all is good. The Patrol will have no problems doing the work with the mods you have done. The best way to get info about caravans, camping, ect come to one of the gatherings.

We are hosting one on 14,15,16 August at stanthorp I think there are still 2 our 3 spots left.

I must say we have picked up a lot of info & had a great time as well at the gatherings.

Look forward to catching up.

cheers Blackie

Hi Pete & Tracey,

I had the same Nissan as you, towing an 18'6" XC.

I also had the 3" exhaust and an MTQ stage 2 power up. I found it made the world of difference. Nothing worse than chugging up a small hill in 2nd gear and have a huge semi blow you off doing 100K.

I ended upgrading to an F250 but the Nissan did the trick.

Unfortunately your outnumbered and, as Blackie will attest, you will get heaps from the ToyO's in the group.

Regards,

Rosco

:thumbsup:

Gday neighbours we live in Keperra aswell and that makes 4 Kedrons we know off now.

Iwould say that what you have done to the Nissan should be good :shades: better than them Toymota thingys :biggrin: , that may get a couple of bites. We use a 03 Discovery

Thanks for the response guys. I think we'll just have to see how the troll goes, I'm sure it will be fine.

I can't wait for the van to arrive, as many people have said the waiting is the hard part.

Thanks again.

Pete & Tracey,

Patrol should be fine - if it's not you can always do what Shane did ;-)

Have to concur with the others though - the KOG is a bit of a Toyota club but we don't discriminate (much).

Kimbo summed it up pretty well though - a man of few words! :biggrin: