TE Build Timelines

Pete and Tracey

Hi Everyone,

Quick question, Tracey and I ordered the TE over a month ago at the sales yard in Kedron. Jan was very helpful in sorting out our order and we paid the deposit. The van is due May 09.

How long does it take to get the chassis number and the layout drawn up on the CAD drawing that so many of you have uploaded to show off your layouts?

I have sent an email to the factory but have not heard back as of yet. Wouldn't mind periodically dropping into the factory to get a couple of picture during the progression of the build.

Just trying to gage the time frames I guess.

Others will confirm this, but my understanding is that Stan Klaer produces the plans about a week after your visit. That was the case with us when we ordered our TE van in February this year. He simply emailed it to us. I would email Stan (kedron@bigpond.net.au) and ask him to send you the plans by email attachment.

As to the chassis, I think that is ordered and delivered to the factory about a month or so prior to the van's delivery date. They don't actually start the building properly until about a fortnight before delivery is due.

Now, I said I THINK that's the timeframes....

Chris

Isn't it exciting! Our van is due for delivery on 27 Feb 2009 and I am already planning and plotting activities connected with it.

We plan to be in brisbane about three weeks prior, so we can go to the factory a few times and oversight it. That's what a lot of folk do, and the factory has never seemed to mind in the past.

Chris

Sure is exciting. I thought that I could wait the 10 months but I don't know!!

I too am thinking of all the "upgrades" I can do to make our trip more comfortable.

CAN'T WAIT !!!

Roll on May 09

:-)