Clothes Line

knipie

Hi all, just wondering if someone out there could point me in the right direction on a clothes line for the side of our Topender. I did read somewhere that Camec have ones that you can attach on or remove if not using. I also did think that I did seen someone put photo's on here but can't seem to find them now.

Thanks in advance

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

Under Hints, Tips & Products (Kedron Owners Access only), you will see two types of clotheslines (with pictures). The Flinbex (which is attached to the side of the van and removable - available from Camex), and the Kent Clothesline (attaches to your awning and is also removable - available through Danny Kent).

We have both types and they both have very different uses. For just a few items, we would use the Flinbex on the side of the van and have two brackets mounted. One on the awning side (if it's raining) and the other set of brackets on the other side of the van (in case that's where it's the sunniest). It is so easy to slide up the whole clothesline (clothes and all) and move them quickly around to the under awning brackets if it starts to rain.

I also wouldn't be without the Kent Clothesline for our bigger trips when we need to hang out a whole week's worth.

Hope this helps.

I'll take a vote on the Kent (awning) clothes line.

We used it on our trip last year, was fantastic and plenty of room for sheets and towels - even had our friends sharing it.

Easy to clip on (outside or inside of awning) and easy to pack away.

Clothes are kept well off the side of the dirty van and well off the ground. :thumbsup:

Hi Fiona,

I knocked up this clothes line in 15 minutes at a cost of about $6 all up it fits in the awning arms & under cover, next to the awning roller. It is extremally strong, light & durable. Takes up no room when rolled up & stored in a locker or cupboard.

When Wendy was out of the kitchen, I went to the draw & grabbed an old nylon/poly cutting board.

I then disappeared into the shed with the 'old' board, after measuring the (internal) profile at its widest point of the awning arm from memory approx 6cm. I then cut two strips from the board approx 6cm x 20cm, after cutting the strips,(hacksaw) clean up any swarf or dags with a file or grinder. Then place the two pieces together (in a vice for safety) & drill two 10mm or 3/8 holes, centrally & in from the end by about 3 or 4cm. Once you have done this check the 'strips' for correct fitment in the awning arm. Insert the strip into the open section of the arm at an angle so one side of the strip fits into the widest section/profile of the arm, then let the top edge of the strip 'fall into' the arm. So now the strip is sitting in the awning arm....OK....now lift the strip up squarely & it will 'lock'into the profile of the arm. Then carry out any nescessary triming to the strips, when you are happy the strips fit & lock OK we then thread the required a length of 10mm poly cord through one of the strips then pass one end of the cord through through the other strip & tie a knot in it. The strip with the cord looped through it place it in one of the awning arms & 'lock in' pull the cord through that strip & walk towards the other arm with the other strip & place it in that arm & lock it in, pull on the cord & tighten it, Then hold the cord up to the spare hole in that strip, with the cord tight cut the cord so you will have sufficent cord top pass through the hole & tie a knot in it. Presto....one cheap & very easy clothes line. With these instructions you with end up with two line to hang your clothes, there is no reason why you couldnt cut longer strips & put more holes in the strips, ending up with more lines, but possibly you may have possible problems 'slack & taught' lines making fitting (the strips) in the awning arms difficult. To remove the strips form the arm, press down on one edge of the strip towards the wide profile & the strip will fall out.....to easy.

I suggest you use 10mm or 3/8 poly cord as it will have minimal stretch, also the pegs will have a thighter grip on the clothes.

I hope this is of some assistance.

See you down the road. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much to you all for your comments and tips. Looks like I need to make or purchase the one for on the awning sounds like a better way to go.

Hope to met somewhere on the road...

Kind Regards Fiona