The Shakedown Trip

Chris

Hello fellow travellers.

As many of you know (how could you not!?) we have now picked up our new Top Ender and are on a slow trip back to SA (our new home).

This is our second Kedron, and I can see why so many people who have a first Kedron choose the same brand for their second and subsequent vans. It is performing wonderfully well.

The solar set up is just great. We have 4 x 130 watt panels and 4 batteries, and power to waste. Each morning the read out (conveniently located inside the van) tells us we have 12.7 or 12.8volts, even after overcast days.

I do like the new Dometic windows (they screen out all light when the blinds are up, and the double glazing cuts out all sound andcold/heat from outside. But they do have an insect problem, so (on Rick and Lea's advice) we put Selley's No Stick in the little vent holes and it looks neat and tidy. We will give an update on how that goes.

I love the extra large hatch we ordered - it can fit a host of goods, including the mop and broom.

How did I do without the inside washing machine? As long as we have clean water we can have a load on first thing in the morning, as opposed to waiting for a reasonable hour to put on the Lemair which we carried in the back of the car. Its noise would disturb others. Now you would never know I was doing the washing! It has a quick cycle which does a load in about 40 minutes.

The appearance of the inside is a 10/10 - just very special.

The Kedron team are superb. Nothing is too much trouble, and they go out of their way to make sure everything is working. Of course, we all know their after sales service is unmatched in the industry.

What's more, you can be sure that when you ring some time down the track, you won't get fobbed off. They are just as helpful 4 years after the van has rolled out of the factory, from our experience.

Gosh I am glad we chose Kedron.

We are now in Armidale, after some 4 days at Girraween NP, and we will be heading out to DangarsFalls camp ground tomorrow - it is really lovely out there - but no NextG reception.

A trip report will follow at some stage...

Chris