Bowthorn Station

Bruce and Sue

Hi Bruce & Sue,

If you have a look at a Hema map showing Lawn Hill, just to the north you will see Adels Grove, then Lawn Hill Station, above that again you will see Bowthorn Station also Kingfisher Camp (part of Bowthorn). When we went Lawn Hill last (eight years ago) we came in from Gregory Downs & left via Lawn Hill & Bowthorn Stations, ending up on the Savannah Way. We had a Kimberly Kamper at that stage & it handled the trip with ease....I'm sure a Kedron would do the same taking your time & driving to the conditions....but bearing in mind some time has lapsed since we were there last, getting local knowledge will assist in making the decision on whether you go this way.

At Bowthorn Station they were catering for the tourists/travellers...the lady of the station was serving Devonshire Teas & also had a gift shop operating (an oasis in the desert).

Kingfisher Camp is/was a good spot to put in a couple of days also (be careful of the crocs there).

Hope this helps

CU down the road

Bruce and Sue, if you go to Kingfisher (I agree it is a nice spot for a day or three of relaxation), you can continue on via a back road through Lawn Hill Station to Lawn Hill NP. Quite a nice drive. We did this trip about 4 years ago and it was terrific. Lawn Hill is worth the effort and make sure you do the canoe trip very early (be first on the water if possible) for great photographs. Kabby took about 400 pics I think - some of them are sensational.

I see you are going across from Borroloola. We are currently at King Ash Bay (on Genny Flats). Are you in one of the Kedrons in the powered area?

Norm C