In Darwin- without the van!

Chris

On a spur of the moment thing we have flown up to Darwin for a few days. Our son is back in the country for the weekend (arrnging for the sale of their Darwin house) and we wanted to catch up with him. So here we are, Palms Resort (Big 4) caravan park, in one of the cabins.

We have seen one Kedron here, and spoken to them briefly, but wondered if there was anyone alse around?

The weather is absolutely gorgeous. We are now among the folk who parade around self-consciously in shorts and t shirts, and with white legs and arms.

How I envy all the caravaners out there, living the life of ease, kicked back under their awnings. In a month or two we plan to drive up from Adelaide via the Oodnadatta Track and spend about two months back up here.

It does feel strange being back in Darwin but no longer calling it home....

Chris

PS does anyone know where Kimbo is now?

Hi Chris thanks for the weather forcast we'll be in Darwin in around 4 weeks. Heading up that way for a month. Kimbo's last posting tells everyone what he's up to (Boulia& Beyond) Main Group Forum. :smile:

King.

Yep Kimbo knows where he is LOL

Currently in Kununurra preparing to go down the Gibb river rd

We have spending the last week or so getting from Katherine to here camping in NP's Keep river NP was a great spot to relax a few days

Sorry we have missed catching up again Chris

Ned and I are really enjoying this lifestyle and the days have been fantastic 30 deg+ days and coldest night so far has been about 16 deg

More updates to follow

Regards

So Kimbo, have you found some firewood for the Oz Pig? :laugh:

If you can get hold of the Ron and Viv Moon book on the GRR it is a great help! One of the spots we really liked was Bell Gorge - I think we stayed three nights there. The Moons say the best direction to travel the GRR is from East to West (as you are doing) as the scenery is slightly more spectacular that way. We found it lovely either way

I am attaching my trip report on when we did the trip. Hope it helps.

CV and Deb and King, how wonderful that you will be up here enjoying the beautiful weather. Will you all stay at the same park and have evening get togethers?

Chris

Stage_11______Pilbara_to_Kununurra.doc

Yes Chris

I did have some bewdifull wood for the oz pig but them big guys in uniform over ruled me at the border gates lucky they didnt have machine guns I can assure you as I woulda been in trouble big time.

I have some emails re the oz pig asking my thoughts re them and i can say I recommend them thats all.

will be doing the Ivanhoe xing tomorrow and doing some sight seeing towards Wyndam tomorrow Neds worried re the xing but the 200 will do it easy I keep telling her thats why we spent all that money :laugh: on van and car :thumbsup:

Regards