Kedron Across the Calvert River

Robert and Jane Jones

Damage from a late cyclone in April made crossing the top via the Savannah Way somewhat hazardous. We were part of a group that we believe included the first caravans to subsequently cross the Calvert River on 10th June. The group included our ATV, a Trackmaster, T Van and Kimberley Karavan as well single vehicles and a motor bike. You may be interested in the following youtube link which shows the crossing. The single vehicles got through after some under water road building but some quite large boulders had to be moved before the vans could negotiate the winding path through. The only damage we suffered during the trip was breaking the head off the adjusting bolt on the Hyland coupling.

Robert & Jane Jones

Well done guy's.

Great pics on the video.

What is the deal with the Hyland?? can you enlighten us as to what happened???

Robert & Jane

Thanks again to you and your group for the hard work in making the Calvert crossable as we were able to have an easy run across on the 13th June.

John

In response to Rod & Mavis; The Hyland coupling adjusting bolt is made from an allen? head set screw, the head being machined out to form a cup. After uncoupling back in Townsville I found that the head had broken off, but was still in place. I re-coupled, holding the broken piece in place with some grease. Hylands sold us a replacement which turned out to be faulty and caused further problems which are ongoing. I may start a new thread on this in the near future.

cheers

Robert & Jane

Robert and Jane,

I am sure you are the guys we met at the caravan park in Brisbane about 5 or 6 weeks ago (mid June). You lent us some of your travel dvd's. We have now met a couple of groups who encountered Jane and Robert's group on the Savannah Way.

Great little clip!

Chris

Chris,

Had meant to respond to you sooner, but you know how busy you get when retired. Yes we were the people you met at Aspley.

Occasionally we travel with a group including friends from Lifestyle Video Productions who make a DVD of the trip for commercial distribution. The DVD’s of the Flinders and Kimberley we lent you were made by them during a trip (we also participated in) as was the Calvert crossing clip.

Maybe we will see you on the road again somewhere.

Robert & Jane Jones

www.lifestylevideos.com.au