Changes to equipment

Hermit

Hi all. I noticed that recently there have been a couple of changes to the list of equipment on the Kedron website for the Topender, not sure about the other models.

Namely - the 100l drinking water tank has been reduced to a 60L tank.

The 240L fridge/freezer has been changed to an Engel dual combination fridge and freezer both of 95L capacity. (Not sure what they are.)

Not sure what else has changed.

Has anyone noticed this or have any ideas why.

I have been checking the site regularly because we intend ordering a Topender soon.

I'm sure I you could possibly option the larger tank and a different fridge/freezer, but, I'm curious as to why the changes, especially to the drinking water tank.

Any ideas anyone?

Hopefully, soon to be new Kedron owner

Rob

Hi Rob

There has been discussion recently on fridges, Vitrifrigo V's Engels, I think I would of chosen engel had I had the choice, I think you loose the cupboard below the 230lt if you choose the engel.

The smaller water tank is maybe a weight issue.We purchased an extra 100lt tank and fitted it myself, we now have 300lt washing and 100lt drinking. Our tow truck is an Effe so weight is not an issue.

Good luck with Van purchase.

Cheers Phil

Hi Rob,

I tend to agree with Phil that the water tank size reduction would probably be a weight issue. We have a Vitrifrigo fridge in our ATV and have travelled extensively in NQ and NT with no problems whatever with it. if I were you I would ask Kedron what the story is as they have been fitting Vitrifrigos for years.

Regards

John

Ordered an ATV the other day and was happy with the 60 ltr drinking water tank, presently we have 80 ltr drinking water and it lasts 3 weeks, so will get a fortnight from a 60 ltr tank and then have the jerry cans of water if going for extended time.

The 95 ltr engles ,to us they look like two bar fridges without the freezer compartment up top. If you are a fisherman , works out good for storing the catch but could not live out of a bar fridge for normal fridge use. Both fridges work indepently and can be use as a fridge or freezer. ( hope i am correct in stating that), Spoke to David about the subject and he agreed that one would be too small as a normal fridge if living full time in the van.

Have opted to go with the 230 ltr Vitrifrigo.

Den n Col

Hi Everyone,

Our Top Ender originally came with a Dometic fridge freezer which did not work correctly from day one. Kedron changed it in a flash and replaced it with the Vitrofrigeo (however you spell the Italian name) which has been just great in the tropics. Engel is a great product and we have one in the back of our 100 Series tow vehicle but I would opt for the Italian job in the van every time.

The reduction in drinking water capacity might be a weight thing. But, I have the 3 x 100 L tanks, one of which is for drinking. I save weight by controlling how much water I put in the tanks. You can put 65 litres in a 100 litre tank but you can't put 100 litres in a 65 litre tank! If I think water might be difficult to get on some route or destination, then I fill the tanks. If it is easy to get good water then I only partially fill them.

Wish it would stop raining!

Regards Colin