Fridge Issue

Tolley

Hello Guys,

My fridge has stopped working.

Arrived in Margaret River yesterday arvo. It is a public holiday long weekend in WA. Not, incidentally, Queen's Birthday but rather Foundation Day on Monday.

Awoke this morning to find the fridge stopped working and defrosted during the night. I am not sure as to what to check and am seeking advice from anyone who has a suggestion. Does anyone know antything about fuses and which on does what?

It may be co-incidental but last evening I found that the car radio in the van would not turn on. No lights on the radion, just nothing.

These things always happen on long weekends and on days when the Kedron factory is closed!!

Any clues would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Sounds very much like a fuse Colin. There are a couple of hidden fuses around the battery area, so have a good search there. Otherwise, just go through the line of fuses and replace each one, one at a time as a process of elimination.

We don't have a van at the moment, so can't point you to a specific direction. Perhaps someone else can at least give you the fuse size/colour for the fridge to make it easier.

Hopefully you'll be back up and running before the beer gets too hot.

Enjoy Margaret River and don't forget to drop in to the Vasse Virgin Olive Oil place and grab some of their beautiful Macadamia Nut Pesto. About $12.50 a jar, but is fantastic when mixed in with some fresh pasta.

Hi Colin,

Mate it does sound like it could be a fuse. On our van the fuse for the fridge is hidden under the lid of the battery box (Battery No 3 I think). I looked everywhere for the bloody fuse and (unfortunatly for me) my wife read the instruction manual and it informed us where it was. (I hate it when wives do that as it destroys the adventure or discovery).

Cheers

Hello and thanks Sue. Thankfully we have a 40L Engel in the back of the Landcruiser and an ice box for the wine and beer!

After breakfast I will start the process of fuse elimination! Rather be at cellar doors!

The olive pesto suggestion sounds just great. When in the Barossa we stocked up on Maggie Beer goodies and they now need replenishment!

Regards

Colin

Sue and Steve,

It's fixed! But I do not know how! I turned all the power sources off and then went through every fuse, removing, inspecting and replacing. They were all fine, including the three under the battery cover!

Having found nothing untoward, I turned all the power sources back on and BINGO! all was working!

At least is forced me to stick my head into the electrics and have a good look around, something I have not done before. In future, the hint of the radio not working will alert me to a problem greater than just a malfunctioning radio which is what I thought it was.

Thanks once again guys!

Off to explore Margaret River.

Cheers