Austar/Mystar

Hermit

Has anyone taken their Austar/Mystar box on the road in their van?

Does it work ok?

Do you get all the channels anywhere in Australia?

I want to get the VAST satellite system in the van and was wondering if I could also hook-up our Austar box.

Not sure if Austar like you taking their box on the road, but how would they know?

Any thoughts...

Rob

Townsville

Hello Rob,

I, too, have been considering a satellite dish on the van. My research indicates that your Austar, Mystar or Foxtel box will work in your van. You need a box from your satellite dish provider. Also, I am sure if you posed the same question in the Caravan Forum you will get a deluge of responses.

I am not a big TV watcher but I am a rugby tragic (Queensland Reds / Wallaby supporter) and it is only shown live on pay TV.

Regards

Colin

Hi Hermit

We had Foxtel and Vast in our last Kedron, it worked all over Aus. With your Foxtel/ Austar you need to take your box from home or as we did, subscribe for another box. Bear in mind you will only be watching the channels on your plan and in the time zone where your plan is based ie if your plan is based in Townsville, that is what you be watching in WA in Qld time. We used an Oyster fully automatic system with a dual LNB which was installed by Springers in Brisbane.

Similar with VAST, except you get the ABC and SBS in every state at their local times.

We'll be doing the same in our next Kedron, due in a few weeks; we hope!!!

Hope this helps.

Regards

Peter