Christmas already!

Ian and Sue

The stores up here in Karratha like to get their Christmas offerings in early so that we can all buy up and have our presents ready to go out toward the middle of December. Well that is the way it used to be, these days I guess more people are buying online and having their gifts shipped straight to the rellies down south and over east.

I went into Kmart earler this week and guess what? They are already stocking Christmas stuff and it is only September! Incredible, do they think we need the extra time or something? :lol: I know, it is all about the dollar.

Sue

Now a wedding anniversary or Kerrys birthday is a totally different kettle of fish and if she chooses to start planting appropriate leaders (as the stores would call them) a few months (or more) in advance then that is acceptable behavior. :lol: If left to the last minute and then put on the spot as to what we would like as a gift, if Kerry is anything like me she has forgotten some of the "good stuff" she thought of months before and ends up with... well good stuff that you have thought of. Hmmm... but that's not the point. :lol: We women know when Christmas is and the thrill of the season has well and truely worn off if the stores start broadcasting it's coming in September.

So to reiterate - Christmas early - NO ---- Wifes' potential gifts etc --- YES and as many months ahead as she deems necessary.

As Ian would say "happy wife, happy life" Well I hope he would say that,I had better ask.

Cheers

Sue

HI SUE

I'm not sure what you mean? Last year I gave her a $99 Chainsaw from Bunnings, can't see anything wrong with that! This year I was thinking

along the lines of a Gold Detector, and a new padded walking stick for the times I'm not quite out of range. :unsure:

Regards mal.

Yep, you're right Sue. Woollies at Wickham put their Christmas Puddings on sale this past week. I did a double-take when I saw them. I couldn't believe that they'd put them out so early.

Cheers

Russ