Ironman 4x4gear

Tolley

Hello,

Has anyone had experience with Ironman 4x4 gear, particularly shockers and suspension gear? Your opinions will be appreciated.

Regards

Colin

PS. It is belting down rain up here in FNQ. Expecting 700 mm according to BOM.

Hello,

Has anyone had experience with Ironman 4x4 gear, particularly shockers and suspension gear? Your opinions will be appreciated.

Regards

Colin

When we bought our XC2 we had a Terracan CRD and I installed a set of torsion bars, rear coil springs and foam cell shockies which transformed the handling.

Unfortunately when we found an extra 400kg when the van was weighed the Terracan was well and truly illegally loaded.

Even so the handling of the Terracan and performance were excellent with the Iron Man suspension.

I intend to install an Iron Man suspension set on the Patrol before our next trip this year as their costs are very competitive with common stuff.

Cheers

John

Hello John and thank you for your comment.

I have heard some good reports on the Ironman 4x4 gear and I note that they do a huge business with mining companies around the world. There is so much gear out there and ten times as many opinions. Thanks again.

Regards

Colin

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Regards

Colin

PS. It is belting down rain up here in FNQ. Expecting 700 mm according to BOM.

Hi Colin I fitted ironman coils to Gu patrol with KYB shocks. I put 500kg coils on rear. Travels and handles well. Tows XcCountry extremely well. No sway or feeling of loss of control. 10000km later I,m now putting front left camber kit in.

Muz and Jen