Other Kedrons On The Road...

Chris

We met another Kedronning couple the other day - Neville and Kay Armstrong (from Cairns, I believe). Val and I had decided to visit a spot called "Little Blue Lake" near Mt Gambier. and got out of the car on a blustery cold day to look at it. Another couple turned up, and we got talking (as I do). I asked were they travelling with a van (the LC had towing gear). Yes, she said, we have an offraod van. I asked what brand. A Kedron Top Ender she replied. My giddy Aunt! What a surprise.

We spent some pleasant time chatting.

Back at the caravan park, there was another Kedron ATV pulling in just before us! Don and Colleen Rosson, from Brisbane. We spent a couple of lovely days right beside them in the park, and had lots of nice chats.

It is so nice to run into other Kedronning folk - I think they are generally the nicest vanners you can meet. (Okay, I have to admit I have met nice folk from other brands too).

Chris

Chris, you are just so right. Last year we came across another Kedron (ATV) parked just outside Cunnamulla in QLD so we doubled back and pulled over for a chat. Blow me if 10 minutes later, another ATV drove past in the other direction. They also doubled back and pulled over. Three of us all in a row. It was lovely talking to others on the road. Kedron owners seem to have such a sense of - well - almost family. Is it something to do with the way the Galls deal with us do you think?

Regards

Lea & Rick

ATV16' (very soon to be ATV2 - 20') :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, you are just so right. Last year we came across another Kedron (ATV) parked just outside Cunnamulla in QLD so we doubled back and pulled over for a chat. Blow me if 10 minutes later, another ATV drove past in the other direction. They also doubled back and pulled over. Three of us all in a row. It was lovely talking to others on the road. Kedron owners seem to have such a sense of - well - almost family. Is it something to do with the way the Galls deal with us do you think?

Regards

Lea & Rick

ATV16' (very soon to be ATV2 - 20') :thumbsup:

Was that about June ?? I was headed east through Quilpie and a couple Kedrons went past heading west.

Also - I pulled in to South West Rocks Caravan Park on Saturday

and there is a kedron just down from me. Drop in for the obligatory chat and its the new owners of Chris and Ross' rig. I think I got that name right ?

Unfortunately no, it was in September - but it seems like there are lots of us on the road.

Happy travelling

WOW - the time seems to have passed really quickly - but then it does when you're having fun!

The next 8 weeks will just fly by. Where are you heading first?

All the best

(We pick up ours in about 2 weeks)

...and when we pulled into Peterborough on the Great Ocean Road, there was another nice new Kedron. Marilyn and Derek are enjoying their new van and it looks great. Lovely people, and we swapped some advice on spots to stay.

I will try to remember to post a shot of the absolutely beautiful spot we stayed at in the Otway NP, right on Are Inlet. Mowed green grass, sites overlooking the water, drop toilets the only facilities, but completely free. And reasonably quiet.

Chris

Hi Lea & Rick

Our Kick Off point for the "Trip" is going to be the Kedron do at Noosa Northshore, form there we will be heading up to N.T. taking abou 5-7 days to reach our favorite fishing spot at Towns River - just below Roper Bar.

We will then head south a pinch to Lorella Springs ( went there last yr , had a ball) for a spot more of fishing.

& some more soaking in the Hot Springs there , only difficulty with that is keeping the drinks cold.

From there we're planning on heading back across the Savannah Way to Kingfisher Camp > Adels Grove - depending on the money & enthusaism level may do a month or so of work?????

We will then slowlty work our way back to Brissy to check on things , catch up with friends & family in time to host the wine w/end at Stanthorpe in August. !!!

Then heading further south for the Kedron do in November in the High Country of Vic >>> X-mas in Geelong with Elle's sister & then off to Tassie >>>>>>

That is all going well a basic idea of what we think we will do.

Cheers Blackie

PS > see you in the Gulf for a spot of fishing ????

Hi Blackie

We'll certainly catch up with you at the Noosa gathering 'cos that's more or less going to be where we leave from too. We haven't really worked out an itinerary at this stage, we're more at the point of "OK - where do we want to go today?" Everytime we make longer term plans - we end up changing them! The aim is just to poke along, but it would be really good to catch up on the road somewhere - Rick says you can teach him how to fish??? :clown:

All the best

Lea