Another good time experience (airbags)

Rod and Mavis

Greetings all.

We have just had a 6 year old leaking coil assist air bag (airbag man) in the back of our Cruiser replaced free of charge in Mt Isa.

Long story short,we were at Boulia for Easter and I noticed the right side of the tug was drooped. A pressure check showed no air in the R/H bag.Pumped air in and valve leaked so I changed that, more air showed an audible leak in the vicinity of the bag.

I fired off an email to Airbag man via their web site asking for the closest agent and explaining the problem and my trouble shooting. Isa was the reply from Leon Hart and he asked for a follow up from me. Tuesday I went to see the ARB man in Isa and booked in for first thing Wednesday. As it happened they had a set of bags on hand from an undelivered order.

The problem was a hole on the bag. I suspect from the leaking valve allowing the bag to rub on the coil.

The big surprise is that it was replaced free of charge at the direction of Airbag man. How good is that.

Needless to say a big thank you call was placed to Leon Hart

Cheers from the Kyd's that now ride level :D

Rod,

I had the same experience on one of my air bags, as I was doing the work myself all they (airbag man Brisbane) asked was that I send the old bag back to them (at no cost to me) so they could do some R&D on the failure. Why would you try anything else with that sort of back up. :D

Cheers

A good story Rod. We are also enjoying the blog and it is making us jealous that we are currently pinned down.

Cheers

Russ