Wireless Reversing Camera

Neville and Kay

Hi Neville,

Have a look at www.exploroz.com.au (Forum) & do a search there..... from memory the aluminium frame of the van causes or contributes to a lot of interference.

For what it's worth I have a Polaris camera hard wired in my van then had the radio bloke connect it up to the sterio...... works a treat!

Hi Neville,

I fitted a Jaycar wireless reversing camera to our 100 series sometime back to assist with hooking up, and sometime later Jaycar released a model where two cameras can be used with the one screen. You can select which camera you want to use.

Because I had purchased the solo model, they did a bit of a deal when I wanted to upgrade.

The vehicle mounted camera gives a crystal clear picture, whereas the van mounted one does suffer some interference from other vehicles, power lines etc. However, I discovered that by leaving the foil window shades in the van down, the reception is much better.

I need to only know if there is another vehicle behind me and how close it is, not the colour of the driver's eyes!! For that it is good enough.

For the camera on the van, I tapped into the radio wiring (we have a rear kitchen) and ran the wiring to the camera through the exhaust fan ducting. I have a switch discreetly mounted to turn the camera off when on-site or in storage.

Regards

Barry