Sealing the Cape York road

Tolley

Hello Koggers,

If you have not visited the Cape you had better hurry. Reported in the news in Cairns yesterday is the fact that the Federal and State Government are going to fund the sealing of the road right to the top. Once that happens the fun and challenge will be gone. So, if the Cape is on your bucket list you had better do it sooner rather than later.

Regards

Colin

Well, as it happens, Cape York is on our bucket list. I doubt that they'll have time to seal it before we get there though, Colin. We leave in two weeks to go and work at the Loyalty Beach campground for the dry season. Will possibly go via Cairns, so will try to catch up with you.

Cheers

Russ

Hi Russ

like wise. We shall call in to see you & Sue when we get there this year as well.....hopefully sometime in June.

Perhaps whilst you're there, you could encourage the NP rangers up that way how wonderful the WA system of NP caretakers is & adopt their system instead of this silly Qld pre-booking with having 1/2 full camp grounds in reality when the online site says "Full" :-)

Cheers Sue

Well, as it happens, Cape York is on our bucket list. I doubt that they'll have time to seal it before we get there though, Colin. We leave in two weeks to go and work at the Loyalty Beach campground for the dry season. Will possibly go via Cairns, so will try to catch up with you.

Cheers

Russ

Hi Russ and Sue,

That is great! Loyalty Beach Camp Ground is my pick of the two near Seisia. Also, I would love to catch up as you pass through Cairns. From the end of March we will not be in our house (it is close to being sold) and we will be in our Kedron in Lake Placid CP. We depart Cairns in early May for a few client visits out west before heading to Tibooburra for the start of the Corner Country Trip.

Some $280 million has been allocated for the sealing of the PDR as a starter and it is being pushed hard by the Mayor of Cooktown.

I will PM you my mobile number.

Regards

Colin