Repair Work

gunna

Just wondering - once the van is out of warranty does anyone have any success getting Kedron to look at repair work ?? My van is 4 years old and I am having some problems. Electrical and water leak. Rang Kedron and they don't want to know about it. Told me to take it to whoever my local repairer is. Thats a bit disappointing I think given the name they have in the market.

Hi

I did hear that this was the case but you are the 1st to confirm it?

I think with the demand of new vans and warranty work that they might be trying to move away from general repairs dissapointing yes.

Hopefully they will reconsider the decision when work load eases a bit if it ever does :whip:

Just my thoughts

Regards

We have also experienced a lack of interest from the factory regarding a part we asked to have sent to us after the van was out of warranty. Ended up tracking down the part ourselves. Agree with Kimbo - very disappointing.

Peter

Hello All

Our van is also 4 years old. We reckon that it was 12 months ago when Dave told us that they could no longer do non warranty / maintenance work due to workload from building new vans. Fortunately for us we have a repairer with a good reputation within 10 ks of where we live (Brisbane south side).

What a business van building must be - when you think that every new car dealer out there is almost begging you to return your car for servicing!!

Jeanne and Geoff

Hello Jeanne and Geoff,

Which repairer are you using/talking about?

Our Kedron is coming up for 5 years old and there are a couple of things we need looked at. As Kedron do not seem to be the place to go and we will be on Brisbane southside in April for a few weeks, we might try the place you are speaking of.

Can you give me the name of the business and the location? Would be much appreciated

Cheers

Jody and Eric

Good morning Jody and Eric

Van repairer is:

Caravan Services

4/ 68 Perrin Drive

UNDERWOOD PH3209 5044

They were recommended to us by a friend who is very particular about the maintenance on his van. There seems to be a 10 day wait before you can book in. Next Wed (12th) will be our first visit to them for a repair. Will try to remember to let you know how it goes.

We have been there to buy retail stuff - they have quite a range of car fridges, towing stuff etc. Have found them good to deal with.

Jeanne and Geoff

Thanks Jeanne and Geoff

I think we have been there as well. I am not totally sure but I think they moved there (behind Bunnings on Compton Road?) from Meadowbrook a couple of years ago. We still have a house in Loganlea, daughter is about to move in to it.

Yep please, let us know if you are happy with the work you have done and what work they did for you.

Many thanks

Jody

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jeanne and Geoff

Have you had your repairs done now? Are you still happy with the repairer.

Since I first posted about van repairs, we have added to our list of things we must get done. We arrived at Woodgate following a great few days at Imbul, switched on our hotwater system and found its leaking out of the bottom.

Cheers

Jody

Hello Jody

We have had our work done and are happy. Nothing major mind you. Replaced our light that had badly over-heated, fixed up a brake wiring problem and fitted an access hatch.

There is a space under our kitchen bench for a food storage basket . That storage goes all the way to the floor but the lowest part of it is obviously inaccessible. Chris fitted a timber frame to that lower area and an access door from the outside.

The area is now usable even though it only measures 500 X 500 X 450 high. We can use it for odds and sods

He has done a good job but I think at top dollars. I think I saw a sign in the shop that labour was priced at $75 per hour - probably not unreasonable. The bottom line is that We would be happy to go back to them.

Happy vanning

Geoff and Jeanne :thumbsup:

Hi all

Another repairer is

Spinifex Caravans

Unit 2-3 7 Lathe street,Virginia QLD 4014

Ph 36330051

Email spinifexcaravans@bigpond.com

.post-36-1206580864_thumb.jpgpost-36-1206581385_thumb.jpg

They are currently fitting up 3 new water tanks moving one other for correct draw bar weight distribution and doing some minor repair work on things that are falling apart.

Will keep you all posted as to the quality and final cost results.

Best Regards.

Rod and Mavis.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again to all

Got the van back from Spinifex and we are very pleased.

They moved our drinking water tank to the front replacing the original 60L with the original 80L shower tank.(this was a surprise as when the van was delivered we were told it was 100L) No wonder we never had enough water.

3 off 80L camel tanks were fitted and all the plumbing was redone inside the van to tidy up the original mess. These are 10ml thick tanks very robust. All guarding was put in place.

We are very pleased with the quality of workmanship and materials.

While it was there they replaced wheel bearings and adjusted the brakes. (supplying us with a spare pair of bearings, seal, bearing cap and splitpin).

A front window water leak that has been there since new was found to be tracking from somewhere on the roof. They also noticed the radio aerial had broken away from the top mount so they fixed that also.

In all very happy.

Regards to all