Uhf Radios

Laurie and Helen

Hi All,

We are looking at buying a UHF unit at the caravan show when it is on in Brissy, we were looking at the GME TX3440 with everything in the mic handset.

Has anybody had any experience with this style or are we better going for the remote head unit ?

any suggestions appreciated

cheers

Laurie

Greetings Laurie.

We have been using a GME TX3440 for the last 5 months.

Can't fault it. Love everything on the mike,makes for a tidy setup.

The main body can be mounted anywhere out of the way so all you have is the mike and lead.Even comes with an extension for the lead incase you want to mount under the seat etc.

Love it.

Regards.

Mavis and Rod.

travellinkyds

Mavis & Rod,

Good to hear a positive result on something I was looking at for a change, Ive been using GME stuff with my work car but nothing as flash and quite a few years older. I should have asked in the original request for information about the antenna set up. We were thinking of the spring mounted fibreglass unit in the 477 MHz range any suggestions or are we better using a 27MHz antenna.

cheers

Laurie & Helen

Laurie, Helen I am no expert but i believe you will have to use a 477mhz antenna only, coax cable,spring base

may be similar to 27mhz.There are currently combination packages radio/ant , free postage for around $440

for both tx3440,tx3420 from contact communication, prestige communications,electric bug . This will give you

a starting price for the Brissy caravan show.

hope it was of assistance

Brian

Thanks from us too.

Ordered a TX3440 bonus pack (includes $95 aerial + cabling) from Prestige for $408 including shipping. Hunted around everywhere on Brisbane northside yesterday and no one was even close ($500 for the unit only at WOW).

http://www.prestigecom.net.au/index.php?ma...roducts_id=1537

Ebay prices were about $380 & $390 but by the time you added shipping $25/$30), cost was the same.

Hello to all KOG. members.

Graham and I have been looking at UHF radios for a while, and had decided we liked the GME TX3440 the idea of being out of sight appeals. We had planned to look at the show as we also had a quote from WOW being the chapest, the aerial question had been raised, we would be interested to know how your unit/aerial etc performs. CV Tripper we live on the south side of Brisbane,might be able to catch up some time.!!

Went to KEDRON our TE should be getting the cladding, eledctrical and cupboards all fitted, on track for delivery before the show.

Happy travelling.

Sue.

WANNA-B

Hi Graham & Sue

I've discussed this radio with a few people on the KOG group - just about everyone seems to have this one and no one has complained.

I haven't installed mine yet, but I have fitted up the aerial last night.

There are a LOT of KOG members in Brisbane.

You should get along to one of the gatherings. Still space on many of them.

http://www.kedronownersgroup.com/gatherings.htm

Hope to catch up soon.

Brian and David,

I ended up buying the TX3440 with Antenna from Contact Communications in Gawler. Same price ($407 incl fr) with a slightly different style of antenna, I coudn't find a price in Brisbane under $499 just for the radio than I had to arrange to have it sent or go down and pick it up.

Thanks for the good advice Brian and David, it will be interesting to see how the two different antennas work.

cheers

Laurie

I installed the UHF on Friday morning before heading off for the weekend.

Sound is crystal clear even though it's installed under the carpet.

It's nice just having the mic in view without the clutter.

More than happy with the aerial in the kit - was listening to a wide load being towed yesterday and thought they must have been following us (or us following them) since we heard them for so long. Turned out they were coming the opposite way - so fantastic reception.

Easy to use and would recommend to others. :thumbsup:

Hello to all KOG members.

We ordered the UHF from Gawler at approximately 11am Monday [Yesteday] for $403 total price freight inclusive. The radio arrived about 11am Tuesday, certainely can't complain about the aervice,.

Have ordered Truck parts over the years from all over Australia and are used to waithing for days even weeks.

Our TE is in the final stages of production and could be ready next week.

Happy safe travelling

Sue

WANNA-B