Wood Needed For Kenilworth Gathering

Webby

I have just received a photo from the Trip Leaders who are already at Kenilworth. As you can see it's a little misty in the mornings. I would suggest you pack some warm clothes.

If anyone has any spare firewood laying around and can throw some on your A Frame it would be very much appreciated.

See you all on the weekend.

post-1-1214871726_thumb.jpg - Taken 8 am

post-1-1214890282_thumb.jpg - Taken 1 hour later

I now know what time I'm getting out of bed ! :thumbsup:

It looks just lovely - peaceful and quiet.

We're heading down tomorrow so we'll pick up a bag on the way.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Thanks for that guys, but no need to go out and specially buy some. I'm just hoping some folks maybe have some laying around.

It does look like a nice quiet spot, doesn't it - but only until all the KOGGERS get there ! :drunk:

:group:

Hi 'guys'

We went for a drive up to Charlie Moreland/kenilworth on Sunday and there is plenty of fire wood to be had along the kenilworth-Eumundi road, providing you have a chain saw. Main roads are currently widering the section of road near Belli Creek, just watch out for the b-doubles that are heading to and from the quarry during the week and for the single lane bridge adjacent to Buckby Rd, they don't stop for anybody/anything.

Also, for those that haven't been to the area before, you may wish to check out the camping ground at Charlie Moreland located approx. 10k S/W of the showground.

Also, either check out the lookout located approx. 5k W of ths camping ground and/or continue on the 37k scenic forest loop drive coming back via Booloumba Falls and camping/day use areas. This is providing the forest/Jimna road is open.

:smile: Happy weekend

Alan and Lynda