POLL NOW CLOSED

Webby

Reverse Order of Postings  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer the order of postings to be reversed?

• No, I like it the way it is with the most recent at the very bottom
    • Yes, please put the most recent posting at the top in each topic subject

Just want to run a poll on whether people would prefer the most recent messages in each topic to appear at the top, rather than having to scroll all the way to the bottom each time.

Please Note: Only those who are not moderated (ie have made 3 or more postings) can vote in this Poll.

G'day Webby,

many of the other forums that I visit have the posting order selectable by the user. Can this one?

Hi,

That would seem the perfect solution, however I cannot see it in any individual settings.

If you can see that option in your settings, perhaps you could let us all know.

Cheers

It is great to have a forum to visit and keep up to date with the latest info.

A Big Thank you to the Moderators. :thumbsup:

If the last post is at the top you then have to flick to the bottom to catch up with all other posts in between or if looking first time.

So looking at this objectively, I believe it is better the way it is.

Cheers

Thanks for your feedback guys, but hopefully you are casting your votes up the top there as well, as that is what will determine the final decision.

At the moment it looks like it's 2:1 in favour of reversing it from what it is now......so don't forget to cast a vote.

I also agree with Greg, If you haven't read the orginal posting it's good to scroll down and read each response. If people don't want to do it that way just click on the Last Action column and you will get the last response. If you do change it how many people do you think will scroll to the bottom wondering what the original question was. :question:

I originally thought "yeah change it" but then thinking about it realised it would be a negative action.

But Hey! I am only a broken down old truckie :laugh: , I'm happy as long as the website is here to keep up with what's happening with everyone. :thumbsup:

Don't forget to vote in the Poll. The results are getting closer and closer so every vote is important.

If you haven't yet voted, scroll to the top of this posting and click on one of the two options.

Voting closes next Wednesday. (20th May).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

The Poll on the order of the postings in our forum has now closed.

Looks like the majority want the postings reversed, so I'm about to press the button to do that now.

The results were a little closer than I thought they would be, so may I suggest we reverse the postings until the end of the year and take another poll then.

Cheers

Hi Sue,

I like the idea of trying new ideas & usually welcome change....but I just cannot see what we are gaining with this change.

CU down the road :confused1:

Hi all, The results were a little closer than I thought they would be, so may I suggest we reverse the postings until the end of the year and take another poll then.

Cheers

Sue, that is a fair suggestion :thumbsup:

PS. I'm with Tony :laugh:

Cheers

Hi all,

The results were a little closer than I thought they would be, so may I suggest we reverse the postings until the end of the year and take another poll then.

Cheers

Could we make that new Poll at the end of the year be at the end of the Financial Year? :biggrin:

In the old system, the original post was at the top. You scrolled one-way to the bottom. Simple.

Now, if you haven't participated in a thread, you have to scroll to the bottom to find out what the thread is about, and then scroll back to the top. Two operations replacing what formerly took one. Put me down as an early "change it back" vote.

Cheers

Russ :biggrin:

Could we make that new Poll at the end of the year be at the end of the Financial Year? :biggrin:

In the old system, the original post was at the top. You scrolled one-way to the bottom. Simple.

Now, if you haven't participated in a thread, you have to scroll to the bottom to find out what the thread is about, and then scroll back to the top. Two operations replacing what formerly took one. Put me down as an early "change it back" vote.

Cheers

Russ :biggrin:

Russ, I second that motion with a big thumbs up

• 5 months later...

Hi Sue,

Isnt it about time to revert back to the way the threads 'used to read'... top to bottom?

Keep smiling

Regards.

PS keep working hard in that office in Brissy...someone has to be working to pay for my jaunts around the bush :laugh:

Hi Tony,

I was only thinking that just the other day. I think it is almost time to start our poll to see if everyone likes the upside down forum.

My personal opinion - I thought I'd like it.....but turns out I don't.

Poll starting soon.