Watch the travellinkyds travels

Rod and Mavis

We are currently off travelling in Wa looking at the wild flower extravaganza.

This place is mind boggling. You blokes will definately get flowered out but rest assured the girls will too.

There are hundreds of Kms of magnificent viewing. Love it and wish we could stay for months to see what is not out yet or to have been here for what has already flowered.

Absolutely unavailable.

Have a look at

http://travellin.kyd.com.au/

For our ravings.

Cheers to all.

We are currently off travelling in Wa looking at the wild flower extravaganza.

This place is mind boggling. You blokes will definately get flowered out but rest assured the girls will too.

There are hundreds of Kms of magnificent viewing. Love it and wish we could stay for months to see what is not out yet or to have been here for what has already flowered.

Absolutely unavailable.

Have a look at

http://travellin.kyd.com.au/

For our ravings.

Cheers to all.

Hi Rod & Mavis

I have been suitably delighted so far with the Pilbara area - esp Karijini Nat Park, so am really looking forward to seeing fields of different flowers other than tall Mulla Mulla :) I love your pics.

We are currently in Exmouth, & heading to Perth & then east.

Enjoy your experience. My Rod is ho hum with the flowers, but not complaining (yet) when I want him to stop whilst I get another photo :)

cheers Sue

Hi Sue & Rod.

Thanks for the reply.

The North of the State will be our objective in some other year.

We were in Geraldton about a month ago (I think, time has lost meaning grin). We stayed with a friend in her second home, she is living mostly in Kalbarri where her hubby works and she commented that the flowers there were already out then up North.

Guess you have a huge climate difference through the States latitudes.

We have loved the whole experience.

Regards too ya. :D

post-36-0-17142300-1315699154_thumb.jpg

Hi Rod & Mavis

I hope you have remembered to get all the names of the wild flowers for me,so I can finish my 2yr. old picture gallery.LOL

I have about 40 or so photos ,but that was only a small percentage apparently.

Cheers

Rick & Lea ;)

Hi Sue & Rod.

Thanks for the reply.

The North of the State will be our objective in some other year.

We were in Geraldton about a month ago (I think, time has lost meaning grin). We stayed with a friend in her second home, she is living mostly in Kalbarri where her hubby works and she commented that the flowers there were already out then up North.

Guess you have a huge climate difference through the States latitudes.

We have loved the whole experience.

Regards too ya. :D

post-36-0-17142300-1315699154_thumb.jpg

Hi Rod & Mavis

the highest temp so far has been about 33* in far north & down to Pilbara region. Many of our walks were very warm indeed.

I see it's much hotter now around Broome & Kununurra.

It's less than 30* now I think & hope that the temps stay around & less than 30* as we move further south.

We're hoping to be in Perth mid Oct, & I have no idea what temps are like there for then.

I look forward in seeing some flower labeling too if you can :)

cheers Sue

Hi Rod & Mavis,

We visited Pindar on Sunday to see the fantastic wreath flowers. Flowers are usually more Maureen's scene but I was gobsmacked by them and the others in among the scrub. On the way back to Geraldton we spent a night free camping at the Pioneer Well about 20km west of Mullewa...great spot, plenty of room and we had a camp fire and played some good music from our Ipod (or is it Ipad... anyway who cares what it's called) and I enjoyed a few...or maybe a few too many glasses of red and sang along with our Genius mixes from the 60's and 70's. We are now back in Geraldton for a Tug and Van service and to renew a few scripts to hopefully keep me going. Not sure where we are going from here but that's the great thing after a working life of living by agendas and schedules.