Karratha Visitor Centre Fee for Water

Ian and Sue

Karratha Visitor Centre has now installed a bowser complete with a credit card facility for those who need water. I haven't heard how much the cost is but will take a cycle over later and have a look. I don't mind paying a small fee to fill tanks after all someone has to pay somewhere along the line but am hoping they aren't charging like the do for everything else up here.

Cheers

Sue

Ok - I have been and seen. The cost is $1 per 50 litres and the pump cuts off. The reason behind the installation is that the previous honour system was being abused and the honor box was being stolen.

Ok - I have been and seen. The cost is $1 per 50 litres and the pump cuts off. The reason behind the installation is that the previous honour system was being abused and the honor box was being stolen.

Thanks for this valuable information; access to water is so important. As we camp independently a lot of the time, filling with water becomes the major issue.

I am guessing the quality of the water is OK? In which case, the cost is not really too bad.

Chris

Hi folks

you can always fill your tanks for free at Cossack. It is the same water as at Karratha (pretty bad....lol). The tap is located on the fence line of the Courthouse/Museum building.

Cheers

Russ

Just had a nice cuppa with Russ and Sue at Cossack, we will fill our water up at Point Samson before we leave for Cleaverville tomorrow for a few nights (I guess we have already paid our pound of flesh at $49/night). :o

Just had a nice cuppa with Russ and Sue at Cossack, we will fill our water up at Point Samson before we leave for Cleaverville tomorrow for a few nights (I guess we have already paid our pound of flesh at $49/night). :o

Had a good afternoon with Ian and Sue who travelled all the way from Karratha to visit, as discussed we should have organised a gathering at Cleaverville as we have at least three KOG members in the area at present. Maybe next time we are coming around. :)