Removal Of "Service" thread

whynot

David ,

Do you own a Kedron ?

I had one for 7 years - just sold it this year, so no not at this moment.

Didn't know you had to to post in the public forum.

And I believe there are also a number of financial members who no longer own Kedrons - perhaps even committee members, so I don't see how this is relevant?

• Like 1

It's a bit of a shame this is happening to the Kedron forum. We're now going down the path of the Bushtracker forum were everything is sanitised & filtered in the public domain. I used to be a Kedron forum member but found that most of the real discussion happened in the public section anyway. As to what started this discussion in the first place. Kedron service. I can say that most of my dealings with Kedron service has been exceptional. Occasionally the service manager was not up to the many demands (sometimes totally unreasonable) that some people expected of him.

I'm sure that many of us that come to know him over the years cut him a bit of slack when we knew he was having a medically induced difficult day.

That's my two bobs worth. Be thankful for what you have , a good product and a good mob of blokes & ladies looking after you.

• Like 4

I am speaking with a personal voice here as a Kedron owner and forumite. The Caravaners Forum referred to above will not allow you to post anything critical of any brand due to possible litigation. They have a lot of posts and a lot of members and it takes some effort, but they will ruthlessly remove anything that is critical. Indeed they have a No Naming or Shaming policy prominent on their forum.

We too should have serious regard for the possibility of litigation if an aggrieved party disagreed with a post or criticism of the brand. It is unlikely but possible. It was because of the possibility of legal action that this group became incorporated - to provide better protection to the forum and its members.

As a member I prefer to see critical material confined to a more private arena. But I accept that this does stifle debate and in particular does not allow all folk with an interest to have a say.

• Like 2