Dodge Ram is coming?

TonyH

Was just thinking its funny isn't tit the GM(H) are bringing out the Dodge why wouldn't it be a Chev or GMC?

It's the Holder Special Dealers and their contract does not exclude them from dealing in other cars. It happens that Irelands in Cairns are the Holden Dealer but they have Chrysler and Jeep as well. It isn't GMH bringing out the Dodge.

Colin

When we purchased our GMC through Victorian American Import, we noticed that he also imported and converted the Dodge Rams. When I enquired about them to the owner of the company, he informed me that they are not a vehicle that converts well and while he does sell them to the "Very Budget Conscience" buyer, he would prefer not to as the vehicle does have its issues. He assured me that the Silverado/GMC and Fords are much superior vehicles and have much less issues.

I do agree that there seems to be more and more of the larger American vehicle on the road now and I guess that was always going to be enviable as vans get bigger and heavier.

I have to say that until you do hook the heavy van up to on of these vehicles, ............. you will never understand the feeling of "relaxed towing". It is such a comforting feeling to have.

Interesting read Colin. I would tend to agree with the bloke who runs all 3 brands in his business. Comments below article. The look under the bonnet of all 3 trucks is scary. It looks liked they have had an explosion of some sort. (plumbers nightmare). :) It is a pity they don`t give the Toyota Tundra a thought.

I think that you will find that the Tundra has a V8 petrol and only 3.5 towing

kakadu

I think that you will find that the Tundra has a V8 petrol and only 3.5 towing

kakadu

One out of two is not bad'. Petrol but I think you will find they have a 4T towing capacity. Rumour has is it that Performax will be doing the conversions but there is another doing the rounds that Toyota will be making a right hand drive model direct. Should be interesting?

Cheers

Merv

When I enquired, I was told that they only have 3.5T tow capacity and the Ford F150 and the Chev equivalent both have 3.75T tow capacity

• 3 weeks later...

We just had a couple come into Adels Grove today and as it happen he had a very nice looking Spinafex van and his tug was a 8 week old Dodge Ram.

He was looking to purchase some Ad Blue, which was unavailable here, so I told him I could help him out as I had a spare 20lts and was happy to sell him.

So we were having a bit of a chat .................... as you do and he started telling me that buying the Dodge was the biggest mistake of his life. It has been plagued with electrical issues and that when they pulled the dash out, the whole dash was packed out with paddle pop sticks the get it to align correctly.

As you could imagine, I was in disbelief, so he showed me..................... and is I suspected, they were not paddle pop sticks .......................... they were actually the sticks out of "Magnum" ice creams, so I told him that at least Magnums are much more up market than paddle pops .......................... thankfully he saw the funny side of that.

I really felt sorry for the poor bugger. Even as he thanked me for Ad Blue and went to drive off, the computers had a "hissy fit" and shut the veh down. After about an hour of trying to fault find the issue I decided to call the guy in Vic who I purchase my GMC from as he too does Dodges. He informed us that the issues he was having are VERY common and to disconnect the batteries for 10 mins and reconnect and see how it goes. .......................... Thankfully it worked and he took the guys number from me, thanked me and went on his way.

So its not a good outlook for Dodge I guess. The only upside is that................. at least it is still better than a L/ Cruiser .......................................................... Only joking about the LC. :P:D

• Like 1

Good Morning Steve,

did the fellow say who did his conversion to the Dodge as you would not want anybody else to get caught. We are looking around for a possible change & looking at the Dodge, maybe we will wait & look at the one's that will be done by Walkinshaw racing later in the year.

Neville.

Hi Neville,

He did tell me but I can't really remember the name. If you fire a couple of names at me it might jog the brain.

However, after talking to the guy and then talking to the guy who did my GMC and he also does the Dodge's, I get the feeling people should REALLY do their due diligence before purchasing one.